How late is too late?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jkatz, May 28, 2007.

1. Hey, just wondering if anyone would be able to tell me the absoloute latest (approximately) that a plant could go into the ground (date-wise) if im living at 43 degrees north latitude. A mix up has resulted in me not being able to get my seeds possibly until next week or even the week after! Are my dreams of growing this year still a possible reality if im only starting germination in a week or two?

2. well i live in ontario canada and last year my freind planted his in his backyard around july i think and it was like 1 foot tall plant with tiny buds
    so i think 3 weeks before the longest day is cutting it late
    i think i dont know i just know now is da time to plant

3. I live in the GTA and I didn't plant my Northern Lights x Early Pearl crosses till around this time last year (keeping in mind they were about a week old when I put them out) and they turned out fine. You could definately still do it. The plants probably won't be quite as big as possible, but they'd still be decent. It's not really too late at all.

For this season I've decided to go with a lowryder strain (Masterlow- Master Kush x Lowryder) because it only takes 60 days from seed to harvest. If your seeds take any longer I'd suggest going for a fast strain like a lowryder cross.

Hope you get the seeds soon and good luck!

4. Thanks a lot man, yea im in the GTA too and i have some God Bud and Powerplant on the way soon (hopefully). With what you've told me, i should be able to get them in the ground and harvested when the time comes, and that is amaazing news to hear. I realize the strains aren't optimal but from what little research i've done, it looks like they should be ok to harvest by about mid september and that is well before first frost, so i should be good. Thanks a lot for the helpful information and good luck with your grow man. + Rep for helping out a fellow GC member, spread the good karma.

5. My god, Dr. Chronic is the shit...he told me he as gonna send the beans on monday...today is tuesday and they're here...im very imressed. Im germinating immediately, i think im gonna be ok.

6. Hey JKATZ -

Yes the DR. is the shit!! The seeds I have ordered from him in the past 3 years have always arrived (just that is a big deal!!) and have been very quick getting to me with no problems.

Here is some info that might help you..... I live at 44 degrees North Latitude & last summer after I had my regular grow up and growing I planted 6 seeds late (July 4th as it was an easy date to remember) as a research project. (mostly because I wanted to have some info about how late you can plant seeds to have some sucess) Of the 6 seeds - 4 were sucessful getting out of the ground. Of the 4 plants (they were 80% Indica & 20% Senti) -- 3 were male only 1 female.... That female grew just fine and started flowering (budding) at the same time as my other plants. It was only about 65% the size as the plants I started on May 10th but it did just fine and gave me 3.5oz of dried/cured weed when I harvested in early Oct. (My other plants gave me an average of 5.4oz of dried/cured weed per plant) So get things going ASAP and you will be fine!

Kisses -
    Hott

7. Much thanks Hot, that is very useful information that will be put to good use. Of the 5 seeds that arrived yesterday, one has already germinated and four more will hopefully follow suit. Looks like im going to be getting them in the ground sooner than aniticpated....definately before july 4th, so i dont foresee any problems with the length of this grow. My growing skills however, well, we shall see come sept-oct