how late is too late to super crop?Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JKill, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Hey guys, I've been suggested to supercrop my plant as it is getting to close to the light and I have all but run out of vertical grow space. the only issue i have is that my plant is about 3 weeks into flower. I super cropped one of the tops and I did it just fine and successfully with out any breakage. before i go ahead and do the other 3 I wanted to see what you all thought. I don't have much of a choice at this point....

20190306_172411.jpg
    20190306_172420.jpg
    The picture above is of the one part of the plant I went ahead and super cropped.

is it too late to start bending a little bit? just to keep the canopy lower?

any help is welcome.

Attached Files:

2. no its not too late. supercrop it. be careful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thanks trojan. First grow in longgggg time so i'm paranoid about everything haha. after this plant I got some dwarf low flyer seeds to try out that i ordered so height shouldn't be an issue on the next grow.

anyone else have a suggestion?

4. well I had the same problem with my current plant, didn't know how much it was going to stretch... too much ! next time i will lay my cage later.
    lemme roll a j here first...
    upload_2019-3-6_16-46-5.png
    that branch was climbing into the V2 96!
    upload_2019-3-6_16-46-58.png
    suppercropped it!
    upload_2019-3-6_16-48-4.png
    it liked it!
    upload_2019-3-6_16-48-44.png
    nowadays, it looks quite different :)

Just bend it back slowly, can twist it a little bit. Don't break it in half, don't pinch it and bend.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Well... I did it, I hope i didnt fuck it up 20190306_174828.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. i feel i over did it... time will tell i guess

7. always feels like that... especially the first time. Tomorrow it will spring back up, you'll see.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Should i throw some tape around it? or just let it be you think? it for sure split on the side a little bit and on the inside of the bend on one or 2 as well. ahhhhhh

haha

9. leave it

• Like Like x 1
  10. That looks really good!! Now leave it the fuck alone! Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 10-4 guys hahaha. i'll let you know in a day or 2 what she's looking like.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You’ll be surprised it actually really works well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I supercropped mine a bit 2 weeks into Flower. After you water is a good time cuz the plant is full of water so it helps with bending. I always squeeze the stem first then gently bend it more and more.

I would try to avoid it in Flower as much as possible just to avoid stressing it too much but sometimes you have to.

I snapped a main cola on my purple kush almost completely. Wrapped it up with a bit of paper and piece of tape. Never yellowed..stem was almost completely healed in like 3 days. Mary Jane can be quite tough in some ways and quite sensitive in others. I'm sure your babies will be fine

IMG_6819.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Update:

Hey again! Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone. the plant seems to be totally fine. and the parts of the plant I supercroped are already reaching for the sky again. Will i need to super crop it again?! or just make sure it stays bent? thanks! 20190307_163128.jpg 20190307_163140.jpg 20190307_163202.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. seeeee ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. its good now, don't push it too much...let it heal.

• Like Like x 1
  17. and the next time, please try my scrog method!
    How To SCROG

18. I’m still breaking limbs[​IMG]
    3-4 weeks in flower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3

19. Nice! looks good. yeah i think i will have to keep bending her. have a few weeks to go until harvest and still a bit close to the light.

• Like Like x 1
  20. now that she is starting to reach for the light again should i start bending her back down again?