Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How is this possible with water?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Mikkos, Nov 9, 2015.

1. I get that marijuana needs saturated fats to hold on to in edibles, but how is it possible to get high off those marijuana drinks that they sell at shops?

Iced tea flavors, lemonade etc. How do they get the weed in there?

2. make said oil

add to drink that is full of artificial everything,
    surely binds with some oils / breaks them down further / dilutes.

bingo!

3. the obvious answer would be: hacks.

4. They probably use an emulsifier.. an ingredient that can bond water and oil.

5. I try not to buy these, as you never know the potency. Even edibles a lot of the time will be made weaker to increase profit.

That is just how i feel about it though.

6. #6 Skunk_e_Bud, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
    I wonder if they use tinctures? I make tincture and add it to apple juice, taste is incredible.
    And I get high off apple juice ;)

7. thc oil would not just be added to a beverage with an emulsifier. That would be nasty in something like a thc soda. Extracting the thc with something acidic yet edible like a citric acid solution would result in a much more feasible thc additive for the beverage. Oils would only be preferable in applications that are supposed to have fat in them, like brownies, cookies, etc.

8. #8 ShantiSena, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
    Great Post ... makes me wonder, or inspires thinking ...

if i get some bud and everclear,
    tincturize the everclear,
    strain off the plant material
    and put everclear into a big jug of YOOHOO.

with a bit of heat would the alcohol evaporate
    leaving the active incredients to saturate into the Yoohoo fats?

(that might make the YooHoo a "Whoa Duuuuude")