How is this looking

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trainwreck3663, Mar 23, 2016.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Is the lime green anything to cause concern

3. Yes it is that's called yelling and I had that issue to when I started you need to make sure your pH is at 5.8 you need to make sure your nutrients is not too high and you need to put some Cal mag in there

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Hey mad ganja, some good advice there. Is that root pic an old grow of yours? It's a 6" lid pot rather than the 10" lids you're using now but certainly a sweet root pic. I'd LOVE to be able to get mine that thick and healthy looking.
    I've been having some pH issues I suspect but I don't know for certain. One of the things that confuses me about DWC is pH. All of my reading I'm seeing so many conflicting things like optimal pH ranges for water, I'm seeing 5.0-6, 5.5-6.5, 6.0-6.5, just keep it at 5.8 etc. Well looking at the nutrient uptake charts, it seems like you'd want to run maybe 5.6-6.0 to make sure you're exposed to everything. I try to start around 5.5/5.6 and ride it up, I never seem to go over 6.3 but it climbs up to around 6 pretty quickly and it seems to never spend any time in the lower 5.6 area so I worry that I might be keeping some nutrients from the plants. Calcium appears to be the nutrient that is limited to the lower pH but I don't have any signs of cal def unless they're manifesting as pH looking problems.
    Basically I've got the non-uniform discoloration in the leaves, the wrinkled leaves and the turning leaves. Here are early pics of one from the first couple weeks. These symptoms are evident in others now.

Here are some more current foliage pics. Notice the coloring, the leaf twisting and the spindly, weird, unhealthy new growth.
    IMG_20160317_150139.jpg IMG_20160319_155408.jpg IMG_20160319_155423.jpg IMG_20160319_155536.jpg

I'm reaching the point where I just want to flower them and start with some new genetics but I don't want to put them to flower while they're stressed, if they are...

These are locally bred blueberry seeds. pH is alway between 5.8 and 6.3, rez temps are always between 65 and 70, ppms are around 800 on the .5 scale using lucas microbloom formula. I changed from a 2 part DNF veg which I started out with up until putting them into the buckets. This 1 deformed little one was from pre-lucas days so I don't suspect my feed to be the issue.

So has anybody seen growth like this before? Any ideas on how to deal with it or if I should even be concerned?

5. Add a little K and C then bring ppms down.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks LazyBlazer, What are you referring to when you say "C"? Carbon? Calcium? Cannabis (for me to chill)?

7. Upon further inspection, I did not have the proper flow between the reservoir and my 4 buckets. Ph varied as well as ppm. The rear buckets were funky. Flow issues were fixed by adding a larger pump and moving 1200gph throughout the system. This aides in mixing as well as temp regulation. The return into the reservoir serves to oxygenate the water very effectively in conjunction with the airstones. System has been completely cleaned and sterilized. Nutrients were changed for maxibloom. Ec is now 1.6 and ph is a solid 5.8. The plants appear to be very happy now.

8. No it is a deficiency but it is a calcium magnesium deficiency I don't care what none of these people tell you on here that's what it is Yeardleys have been doing leaves that curve you're getting the yellow and brown spots you just need to add some Cal mag to it keep your pH at 5.8 is long as it doesn't go over 6.5 you're OK just throw some Cal mag in there and stick with your nutrients you got 90% of the girls on here are several growers I am not a soil Groton never have bad soil is garbage Hydro only if you need to message me

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sorry dumb auto correct 90% of the people on here are soil growers I am not a soil grower I am strictly hydroponics never grow soil never will soil is garbage

• Like Like x 1
  10. you were spot on mad ganja! I thought that's what you were recommending so I grabbed some Cal-max and Pro-Silicate. I added it in the morning and they were all looking more lively and vibrant than they have for the past month! Thanks a million!