How is this for a gaming build, what can I expect to play

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by dawnofwar, Jan 4, 2012.

1. CPU: 6MB L3 cache, 2.2ghz
    GPU: 1.5gb GDDR5 GTX 560M
    Ram: 8gb DDR3 1600mhz
    HD: 500GB 7200rpm SATA Hybrid Hard Drive with 4GB SSD

This is in a laptop. So yea, what games can I expect to play. I never play with shadows on PC though, always put it at the lowest setting.

2. Yea I know that website, I don't have the computer though I just ordered it so website won't work.

3. Don't trust those websites...there's a reason they aren't more used and implemented in things like Steam.

That machine will most likely be able to play all games this gen. The "next gen" of GPUs is right around the corner though...apparently.

4. I'm actually betting there are a lot of games you'll be able to play on high. The benchmarks seem to show a number of games that can run over 35fps on high. Medium will likely be your sweet spot though for more graphically intense games. Which isn't bad considering it's on a laptop and not a dedicated gaming machine.

5. I have to agree. Your sweet spot will be medium high(using custom settings to adjust different settings from med to high).

Thats a decent card. You'll be able to play games like BF3 at medium no prob, Fifa '12 at high, Dirt 3 at high(maybe), Crysis 2 at High. Mean those games right there are very GPU intensive games.

You'll be happy with it! When does it come in?

I can play BF3 at ultra(i run a ATI HD6870) but after about 4 hours of gaming i start to notice a perf drop(think it might be it heating up due to ambient temps/shitty small case). But that card will do you good for awhile!