How is the world going to end?

Discussion in 'General' started by Predator1, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Personally, I'm hoping for an alien invasion. Or a gigantic asteroid would be alright. However it ends, I pray that I live to see it.

2. I'm thinkin' it's gonna be aliens and I hope I'm long gone by the time it happens. Fuck that. People ask all the time, "What would you do if the world was going to end?" and like a dumbass, I always try to answer them. The thing about the end of humankind though, is that our brains aren't even equipped to fathom that kind of mental anguish and emotional upheaval. We like to say "I'd throw a party" or "I'd have sex" or "I'd visit everyone in my family"...when in reality, we'd all probably turn instantly into a bunch of gibbering, slobbering psychopaths. We'd destroy ourselves before the end came.

3. A planet collision would be cool.

:hello:eric:hello:

4. the fucking world is going to end today
    cause I don't have any fucking chronic
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

5. That's a good thought. Whenever theres a problem down here, we always think theres some safe place to go. The idea of inevitable destruction is hard to accept. Whe the whole planet is doomed, what do you do?

While everyone says theyd throw a party or have sex or whatever, I dont think I would. Nor do i think I'd run around like an imbecile. I'm really ready for the world to end. It would solve a lot of problems down here. I suppose I'd just sit back and watch the news, waiting for the aliens to blow us up. Or whatever happens.

6. The world won't truely end(completely destroyed) until our sun dies in about 5 billion years. Or if aliens can completely annihilate it. But that doesn't mean that a mass extinction or something along the lines of that can't occur. Global warming, nuclear war, nuclear winter, epidemics, asteroid/comet. Who knows if any of this will happen in our lifetime, personally I believe it will.. 2012 anyone?

7. I think that the world will end by something caused by man, i.e. a nuclear war, and I think the universe will end when the universe stops growing and reverses back onitself, thus crushing everything. This should happen for a few billion billion years though.

8. I agree with Eyes. I think we will become extinct be killing each other. Albert Einstein once said:

"I don't know what types of weapons will be used in World War IV, but WWV will be fought with sticks and stones."

As for the earth being decimated itself, I agree with ptrckroe, when our sun dies it will become a red giant, enlargening and enveloping us with it

9. Zombie invasion..haha

Really though, I bet we humans will destroy each other.

10. The world won't end until the sun fizzles out and we go wizzing off into space.

Humans on the other hand will probably die off from out ourselves somehow. My guess is asteroid, disease, or nuclear war. Probably within the next 300 years, but hopefully we get over all this shit this century and a new utopia blossoms.

11. I think its will be along the lines of mutually assured destruction. I think someone will nuke us first, we will assume its al-queda and nuke iraq-iran. They will respond in kind by nuking us again. and so on and so forth. I personally think thats whats going to happen. And I also think it will happen in 2012. If I have to die when it all goes down thats fine, I just hope im closeenough to the blast, the nuclear fire gets me, rather than radiation poisoning, or nuclear winter. it wouldnt be so bad being insinerated so fast I wouldnt even know it was happening.

12. Are you talking about the comet that is supposedly going to hit earth in october rasta?

13. I'm going to fall into to toxic waste, gain super powers and end up destroying the earth with my awesomeness. True story.

14. Ok, then why should we "heed your words"?

15. Zombies. They scare the shit out of me too.

16. Mass extinction of humankind may definitely occur due to a nuclear war. It's developing already.

17. what if it happens Terminator style? lol that would be funny.

18. Martians will invade.

We will introduce ourselves to them along with a nicely rolled joint.

We will smoke and declare peace.

Martians will like the buddah so much that they decide to kill all humans to take all the buddah for themselves. They will rename Earth to Cheeba.

The End.

...Im sooooo baked right now. :smoking:

19. lmao

20. Yeah, the end of the world... I wonder if there's ever going to be the same passion and interest with how the world can be preserved? Maybe the end will live up to some of our morbid fantasies of death, destruction, and blood. Maybe, just maybe, if we live long enough to not just get more technically proficient but wise, we'll become more conscious of our role in the process and demand more from each other including the realization of the not often used word "hope."

I guess many a person has the end on their mind as long as they believe they are far from it.

<O:p</O:p“Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia</ST1:p.”

~Charles M. Schulz~

Stay green.