How is the US handling foreign policy in the wake of the Arab uprisings?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dudedude4, Feb 4, 2011.

1. You have been involved for decades.

2. let;s not sensationalize beyond all rational imagination, now. you couldn't be more wrong about OBama fucking up, have you not been reading the news? He's been calling for Mubarak's immediate resignation, and they've been in talks with him to convince him for several days now. It's only day 12, i'd say Obama got his shit together pretty quick.

calling him a neocon just sounds like you're hopping on the bandwagon without really understanding why you're saying what you're saying.

3. Obama is a NeoCon dude...
    There is no difference between Obama and Bush Foreign Policy.

What do you think of Ron Paul's views on US Foreign Policy dude ?

4. #44 dudedude4, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
    How many countries has Obama been denying contraceptive education funding to, for example? To be frank, I'm not sure you know what neocon is ... :confused:

Ron paul is sadly irrelevant. The two party system is a reality in the US and it will remain in place until it is remolded forcefully. We are obviously not there, as a nation yet. Voting for a third party candidate is one of the dumbest thing you can do when the outcome is guaranteed either democrat or republican, pragmatically speaking. Yes, they are two evils, but the smartest thing to do is pick the lesser of two evils (no, they are not the same, sorry, your plain insistence without backup isn't convincing me).

5. Oh i am very familiar with what a NeoCon is dude...:)
    Neoconservatism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    They are very fond of Israel.

Contraception is not what i was talking about dude but i will give you that.
    What concerns me is the similarities in their warmongering..

There is no difference between Obama and Bush when it comes to their appetites for war and intervention.

What do you think of his approach and views on US Foreign Policy ?

6. Why can't you go for one thread without mention israel out of context with me? Is it because I revealed that I'm Jewish? I don't understand why you keep triyng to bring it up so negatively, as if you are trying to start some shit.:confused:

7. What, you didn't know that Obama was just following Bush's timeline laid out in the Status of Forces Agreement?

Oh man your mind is so simple.

8. No, you mentioned you were Israeli...

Not all Jews are Israelis dude...

No problem with Jews, Big problem with extremist Israelis...;)

9. Of which you know I am not one - yet you keep inserting your hatred for israel where it doesn't belong into every conversation with me. There is something wrong with you. I'm just gonna put you on ignore , where you belong.

10. Neither Bush nor Obama are or were running this war. The Generals are.

11. #51 SoCalPatient, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2011
    i know

12. #52 SoCalPatient, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2011

You say that like it's a bad thing? Under bush that was true, everything the generals wanted went. But Obama denied their requests a few times. The top generals are all experts in their field. Noone is going to tell experts in the military to just stfu and let the president run the war. The president sets the boundaries and the generals do the rest pretty much.

13. I disagree that we shouldnt be involved , this is one of the few times we SHOULD be involved

if we spent billions upon billions proping up this tyrannt then when they people rise up against him suddenly start playing the "well i didnt wanna get involved" card

weve been sticking are nose where it doesnt belong for the past 10 years and yes we are sick of it , but in this situation we have some responsibility i think , theyre suppose to be our allies

14. I know you are not an extremist...

Come on man its kind of hard to talk about US Foreign Policy in the Middle East without mentioning Israel...:)

Peace and Love...:smoke: