How is the soil 'Roots Organics'?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by eastcoast22, Jul 31, 2011.

1. #2 kushmanjockin, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2011
    bought 37 bags at http://growgreenmi.com/roots-organics-soil-p-5415.html

if 37 bags didnt justify buying it now i will say this. I've used Fox farm ocean forest/happy frog/ dr. earth organic potting soil and have never went back to any of them after using Roots Organics.

2. I should have turned this into a voting poll too! I wonder if I still can...?

3. Roots is great, but it is HOT, and the PH tends to fall fast. I use 50% roots soil, 25% loose coco, and 25% perelite just to dilute the soil, and I add 2tsp/gal dolomite lime to the mix. I just started this, was a suggestion from another forum, but it seems to be a good mix.

HR

4. #5 eastcoast22, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Cool. If you remember post here and let us know how that mix works out.

5. I'm about 10 weeks in, and it is working great, way better than straight outta the bag. You'll just need to start feeding a bit earlier, but the soil seems to be more stable.

6. It would be nice if you didn't have to mix anything in with it...

7. I never have had to mix anything with it and neither have friends of mine. I have herd it can be a bit strong but my plants don't seem to mind

8. I was going to test a small bag for about $20 and shipping was $16. I'm testing MJ Organic soil since it is at Home Depot for cheap. No hydro shops around here for at least an hour away... :(