Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How is legalization going to work in CO and WA?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BudBrownies, Jan 22, 2013.

1. I just have a couple questions because already it seems a little hazy...

1) When does the law go into effect?
    2) Retail sales, will the state start producing and selling? Where would you be able to buy the marijuana? Gas station along with beer? Will there be hash bars, like modern day booze bars? What's the limit, one could buy at one time?
    3)Supply and demand, How much would one gram cost?
    4)Pre-employment drug tests, Jobs no long drug testing THC for employment?
    5)Can out of state partake or does this apply to CO and WA residences?

You would think once it is legalized that it would be accessible but I'm finding it isn't as easy as walking in the local grocery and picking up a OZ.

2. Dispensaries bro, not grocery stores. I'd hate buying it in grocery stores, It would probably be all manipulated and such, not medical quality. Unless it's in the pharmacy section or in the veggies section :p

3. Council discusses ban on retail sale of marijuana

To me that's a huge problem, because having it legal is nice and all but if you don't give the people an outlet to purchase in a controlled and regulated manner, the power is given back to the street level dealer because not everyone can grow the stuff. They're being really passive, they say legalize to make us all happy and than you find out you're going to have to go to the streets for your meds. It's awesome that it's legal...but we need controlled and taxed retail sales.

4. The demand would be out of this world....they're opening up the flood gates, will they be able to keep up with demand.

About the dispensaries, so people no longer need a med card, one just bring a DL or I.D. stating you're 21 and older and you're all good?

When does that go into effect? Out of state? The dispensaries are going to supply the demand of thousands?

5. You are allowed to have up to a oz on you.

You cannot purchase weed yet from anywhere at all.

You can not smoke outside at all.

You have to smoke it in your own home.

If you have smoked and you are tested for THC for a possible DUI with the current test they do. You will get a DUI up to 30 days after you last smoked for a heavy smoker. less for a non heavy user.

6. To me that's a BIG problem, you're still asking people to buy from the streets and that opens the door to organized crime groups, violence and other risky behavior to obtain meds.

The drug is legal, like tobacco and booze, it should be available hassle free.

This tells me the states are scared shitless that the feds will come down and start crackin skulls. Until it is legal by the feds, it's going to be bullshit.