How is it/was it going to College?

Discussion in 'General' started by lewenberg, Mar 29, 2012.

1. #1 lewenberg, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    Its that time of year for Seniors!
    =========================
    I got accepted to Syracuse, Boston University, and Northeastern University (rejected from Cornell :0). And although they are all awesome colleges Bu and Northeastern room and board are waay too expensive. I can attend them but I will have to live off my aunt for 4 years. I decided to go to N.Y and attend Syracuse on campus. I have no friends nor family in NY, just me in the biggest city of america. Kinda nervous about such a huge transition.

How is it going to College as a pothead?
    Are your Grades Effected?
    What are your experiences?
    Is Weed really that common in colleges?

I have only been smoking for a few months and honestly I am slowly turning into a stereotypical pothead. My Senior grades have dropped Hard since I started smoking. I went from bitching about B- to being glad I passed a class lol. Damn am glad I started senior year!

2. Haha I make 40K at 19.

And it's only going up. By force actually. But up.

Drastically up if I continue following orders.

3. It's the best time of your life as long as you keep your grades up. Syracuse will have plenty of stoners but it's up to you to make friends and find them. If pot makes you lazy than your grades might slip. My experience was SMOKE BEFORE DINNER and eat EVERYTHING. Basically.

Is this the anti college message?

4. Senior year is a blowoff year, I got A's and B's all my other years, I'm getting them this year too but I'm just bullshitting all my work.

5. [quote name='"vCanisMajorisY"']It's the best time of your life as long as you keep your grades up. Syracuse will have plenty of stoners but it's up to you to make friends and find them. If pot makes you lazy than your grades might slip. My experience was SMOKE BEFORE DINNER and eat EVERYTHING. Basically.

Is this the anti college message?[/quote]

More like... Alternative Life Choice.

6. I went to Mars Hill College in western NC.
    It was what some would call a "christian" college.
    I'm not religious and there was still weed everywhere. You'd see students on bikes smoking j's or driving their cars doing the same.
    Every party I went to it was just as easy to find weed as it was to find alcohol.
    It was a great time.
    No family to bother you all the time. I got lucky and ended up in the brand new apartment style dorms so i had 3 roommates and myself and we all had our own room with a shared kitchen andliving room. it was great times.
    Plus I was in the mountains so I could go hiking, kayaking, or camping on the weekend.
    I miss it. A lot.
    And as for your grades, man you'll be alright. Hell I did lots of my Cognitive Psychology and Personality Theory work stoned as fuck and I got great marks in those classes.
    Just know your limitations my friend.

TL;DR
    COLLEGE RULES

7. Marquette University. Good partying and I dont smoke here because I want to focus on my classes because it costs so much. I am transferring next year due to not getting this full ride scholarship/costs/ i aint a huge fan personally. Soo I cant tell you the smoker perspective..

edit: my friend/his buddies smoke a lot and they do alright. just be careful...

8. It's awesome. I need to get back to college both for the social aspect and for the not having a shitty future aspect.

For potheads it's a lot of fun but it can be more risky smoking around the college. Don't smoke in the dorms, not worth it.

9. [​IMG]

Best four years of my life

The Endicott campus is a mix of early 20th century mansions converted to dorms (lived in an amazing 1907 building my freshman year) and brand new buildings. All four years I lived literally no more than two minutes from the beach. Wrote a story for a class about a mushroom trip me and my friends took at the beach and it got published in the school literary journal. Woke up on the weekends, went running and then followed it up by tanning on the shore. Lived with roommates my first two years, had a single room junior and senior year. Got my car banned from parking on campus because I racked up a handful of tickets and never paid them. Parked at an apartment complex about ten minutes from campus and didn't worry about it.

We'd go to dinner at the cafeteria or the campus restaurant called The Lodge (made to resemble a ski lodge), smoke, and play Mario Kart 64 every night. I'd smoke in the shower in the morning, between classes, and all night. There were dealers everywhere.

I maintained a B average pretty much and never got into trouble with my grades or for alcohol or marijuana. I didn't skip many classes, I generally tried to limit it to about two classes per course. They were only about an hour give or take, so whenever I skipped I always kicked myself because I never really did anything worthwhile with the spare time. My philosophy was to get the work done and do it well because then I wouldn't feel bad about partying so much.

10. If you do smoke, try to make it to every class and stay sober until your day is done. I made that mistake now im at CC until i transfer back to univ., but it's hard when i'm actually making money and still going to school :hello:

11. not to sound like an asshole... but Syracuse isn't in NYC, it's in Syracuse (upstate). also, i went to Tufts but had (still have a few) friends that went to BU and NEU

12. I'm doin' good so far...But I'm just in the easy classes right now, just wait until I hit the fuckin' calculus part.

I fuckin' hate calculus.:cool:

13. #13 lewenberg, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012

Feel like am in the same boat. I wanna have some fun but also want to succeeded in my classes.

Congratz on Tufts, defiantly one of the harder schools to get into. Saved myself the trouble and didn't even apply lol.

Seems like everyone else found that balance that works for them.

14. BRO You are the Perfect Model. I want to live like you! Sounds like a blast, hopefully my college experience is half as decent. Awesome school by the way went to their campus a few times for some events and it was dope. If they had my major that would've been the college for me.

15. It's what you make out if it!
    It can be the best and worst just focus on what your there for.