How is it possible?

Discussion in 'General' started by DMG_KUSH, Aug 19, 2008.

1. So I was bored and decided to check out Abovetheinfluence.com for some random reason.

I was just wondering how it is possible or legal that they can post such wrong and false information. Shouldn't that be like false advertising or something?

Examples:

Smoking marijuana also causes some changes in the brain similar to those caused by long-term use of cocaine and heroin.

Teens age 12 to 17 who regularly smoke marijuana were shown to be three times more likely than non-users to have suicidal thoughts.

One joint can deliver four times as much cancer-causing tar as one cigarette.

Marijuana is not a cure for disease or illness - Period.

2. Its government funded, there are no laws that governments have to follow, not that its against the law in the first place.

3. i never go to that site i get too mad

4. I hadn't until i was looking through the desktop thread and saw some one with it as their background.

5. I often find myself yelling at the screen. Then I stop and realize that I should just get high instead. 100th post:wave:

6. Ron Paul asked the General Accounting Office (GAO) the same question

basically he asked for an investigation into the ONDCP lobbying activities and their dissemination of "misleading information" (straight up lies).

The GAO responded with this:
    How about that! ..as long as the ONDCP is fulfilling its responsibility of "taking such actions as necessary to oppose any attempt to legalize marijuana" it doesn't matter whether its statements are true or not!! :mad:

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2007/10/09/theDrugCzarIsRequiredByLaw.html
    http://www.drugpolicy.org/library/paul040203.cfm
    http://www.gao.gov/decisions/other/301022.pdf

7. technically since they arent advertising ne thing *ie...saying a shirt costs this much when it really costs that much* they arent breaking any laws

kinda like onion..they mix truth with lies to make it sounds new and *to the uninformed* true as can be...

there are a million kinds of sites that do the same kinda thing

im not supporting ati at all..i think its bs that they need to exist and cause all this dramam that they kno is untrue....but i was just stating that it is in fact not a crime what they are doing...

so plz dont neg me..im not siding with them..just answering a question that was asked

*runs and hides*

8. Not like the Onion at all actually. The Onion is a satire website, kind of like the Colbert Report. They are being humorous, while Abovetheinfluence is spreading propaganda.

9. yes i kno..but my point was that its still not 100% true

10. Ah okay, gotcha. Misunderstood I guess:wave:

11. So they coould go full reefer madness and nothing will happen? Bullshit.

12. They COULD go full reefer madness, but not even the most ignorant of people believe that anymore.

13. Weed is illegal, so they can do whtever they want. you COULD do something, but it is all backed by the dodgy studys they fund, so you have no proof, they have proof, and even so, they can use whatever study they like to cite as a source. AND if anyone did anything about it, they would start crowing about sending the right message to the kids and all.