Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How is it possible to have a "bad high" ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by conormac23, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Hey, this is my first post and i couldn't find anything on the site about this, so i decided to make a new thread. Ive smoked plenty in the past like 8 months (i started last november-ish) 3 of my close friends eventually decided to try smoking. So we smoked a joint together..since it was there first time, none of them got high. Then we stepped up our game. We baked out my bathroom and all had a joint (not much for me but for them it was probably alot, seeing as it was there second time) 2 of my friends said they werent sure if they were high, i was having a really good mental high (almost trippy), and my other friend was freaking out. He looked like a wreck, he was describing all of these terrible feelings and paranoia and all of these terrible things. after like 4 hours he chilled out a bit and it eventually jsut wore off. Now today, me and one of my friends (one of the two who said he wasnt sure if he was high the last time) smoked ALOT. i wanted to make sure he got good n' high so he took like 4 crazy geebs (gravity bong hits) out of a large poland sprint water bottle, and like 8 good bowl hits. He then described the same symptoms my other friend (the one who freaked out the last time) had described. He says he regrets trying it and hes never doing it again. We smoked the same stuff and today was my best high ever. I dont understand why these 2 didnt like it. What happened? my thought is that having to much thc entering your system with a low tolerance could overwhelm the receptors in your brain. weigh in please and help me out. thanks

2. If something terrible happens when your stoned... makes it a "bad high" I assume.

3. ive personally experienced bad trips myself, most of it comes down to being hungry, dehydrated or tired before/during smoking weed, however the only times ive ever felt bad of weed is when smoking a singular joint or 2, but this all maybe down to the uk's tradition of smoking weed with tobacco!

4. same way its possible to have a bad day. Think positive and you will be good.

5. not really tripping or having bad trips, trust me, they are WAY worse. I guess when they got high they had to much and should have taken it slower. I dont see why if its your first time you are said not to get high, stupid myth

6. Your friends smoked too much for their tolerance. You know, a G-bong may not be the best method for a first time.

And I really don't understand why people say first time smokers don't get high, they do get high if they inhale properly.

That said, I never, ever had a bad high in many years of smoking.

7. Bad trips or bad highs are usually anxiety attacks. They happen more often in people predisposed to them already. Very common.

8. The worst experience I've ever had was when my friend jumped out from behind a corner in the pitch black and grabbed me. I screamed for about 10 seconds straight and actually started to cry I was so terrified. It was like my 3rd time smoking which is why it happened but I didn't let it bother me.

9. Just relax when you smoke and tell yourself that it's the weed making you feel this way. Chilllllllll :)

10. you made them smoke way too much for their first time. It's called greening out. Tell them they're lucky they didn't throw up.
    If you want them to smoke just explain that greening out happens to a lot of people, and if they smoke too much again to have a sprite or a different pop ready to drink as it helps a lot. Also I heard smoking darts makes you stop greening but I can't say that its true.

11. Typically, people who are nervous about smoking and are unsure of whether or not they should do it have bad highs. They just become very paranoid and scared.

12. Overflow of THC intake into a Low Tolerant receptive brain.

13. Many things have induced bad trips in me, -

Being out after curfew when i was a minor and I had to walk home after midnight, cops pick you up and take you home and while this is already bad, it is SCARY when your getting paranoid from the weed and you smell like it, acting like it, and have it on you.

Having to be in a car with a drunk/high/reckless driver. If you are high, you will be having like life flashbacks. Last time I did this i began writing my will on my iPhone note page.

Sitting in a basement with a sudden big-deal dillema and trying to think what you should do.

14. Whenever something scary happens when I'm high, it can be scary at first but usually ends up being great. Not scary like having a cop show up (that always makes me nervous as fuck), but like if you're in the dark and you hear a creepy noise. Stuff like that usually trips me & whoever I'm with the fuck out and its like a thrill.

15. I always love how people describe a bad experience as a bad "trip", tripping is totally different than being high. Cant really discuss it though cause of rules.

I've never had a bad experience while smoking weed and I been smoking for 3 years.

16. People with low tolerances smoke too much and get panic attacks or throw up. I'd say that is a bad high.