How is it looking?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MulaMitch, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Let's hope it is a she.

Only a few weeks old.

[​IMG]

2. i cant really tell the size of it from the picture but it look pretty healthy to me! im about to try my first grow pretty soon.

3. man its going to die!!!!
    lol hahaa
    gotcha..
    looks good young blade..keep it up..go ahead and start veg nutes at 1/2 strength..
    looks a little light green to me but healthy..
    give it a shot of nutes and it will take off and get a deeper green about it..
    excited huh? lol
    i remember those days ..;)
    good luck homie;)

4. FOR ONE FEEDING MAYBE!!!!!

sorry not to bust in here 280. but that may not be a good idea.. Veg time outside is only another 2 (maybe 3 in So. Fl.) weeks in the US. My royal kush is already starting into flower.

Wharf

PS plant looks good OP..my Time Warps looked like that at first..still a bit of a pale strain after weeks outside ..

5. Haha thanks guys! It is very exciting. I will update this with pictures periodically. My first grow! Woo!

6. #6 custom280Z, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010

ya you still feed veg nutes the first few week's of flowering bro..says that on everyfeeding chart i got, and you know what my nute cab looks like..
    you cant just go cutting out nitro right at flower like that..that plant is pale green its needs nitrogen and well feed on it heavier the next few week's(or the begining of flower) you want to ramp nutes up at this time anyway..how do you think my grows yield so much out of 1 gal pot's?
    this is also why good growers give nutes till leaf tip's burn, thats why its called the perfect burn, lets you know to back off..cause you want to ramp the nutes or ppm..
    so if your going into flower, wich that plant has clearly not even shown sex yet, you need to start nutes..
    i know my shit

7. Ight so how do I get nutes? And what nutes? How much? :smoking:

8. yeah .. but it is in soil 280... and like I said not to bust your chops or to be a pain...but it has been my experience to keep nutes light..and to use good soil ..

hey Mula, in the ground ? or pots?

Wharf

9. This is a no name dank seed planted straight in the soil after I germinated it. It's been about 2-4 weeks lol.. 3 or 4 prolly.

10. she is looking good. u can get higher price nutrients to be safe, and very easy, called foxfarm growbig. they are at certain gardening stores. but there is cheaper ones thats less tested and less name brand at menards/lowes. i personally went to menards and paid only $4 for some flowering nutrients. they have some for vegetation too. u want vegetation ones first. I have GrowBig that's strangth is 6-4-4. The numbers vary, but for vegitation i think u just want the first number the highest. edit: i as well would not start them soon, or very high dose. i would probably wait another few days or more and then give them one at half dose. then water another time or two then do again and work ur way to full dose. mine is low strength, for example, so i need to use about double strength to get good results. but thats for mature plants, so dont go that high yet

11. right, but after rian/or watering , nutes deplete..especially outdoors from surronding plant life..and natural proccess..
    you gotta think, if there is another plant within 100 feet of that puppy outdoors, your feeding it, by feeding your plant
    even MJ roots can spread this far..
    so outdoors your alway's sharing nutes with other veggitation, grass, trees, bushes, etc..

soil is only as good as what's in it..i can buy a bag of ffof , fill a one gal, flush it with 3 gal of water and drain every nute out of it in 10min..

also outdoors, you got other plants feeding around it too, nothing to contain the nutes in the soil..like a planter or pot does.
    everything is pulled to aquifer under ground by gravity..
    everytime it gets water outdoors, and leaving the soil nuteless..or close to it..

i started out in the early 80's doing outdoor and greenhouse with my folk's..
    i moved inside when i got older in the 90's ..
    now i'm almost strickly indoors due to folks stealing stuff and those porkers in the sky..lol
    but you learn and think about things you never thought of when going through the phases..

if your growing now and only gave it one dose of veg nutes...your not even comming close to what that plant wants or can do in that amount of time..
    so if hes got 2-3 week's left before they start flowering..
    then count on 5-6 week's of veg nutes..
    the ending week's in veg, and the beggining of flowering..= 5-6 week's
    then you cut off nitrogen, and use p & k more..
    and additives etc..
    alot of us do not stop feeding until we see sign's of burt leave tip's..
    at 1/2 strength now, it will deepen in green and not burn the tip's..especially organic bat guano..
    wormcasting tea or other organic nutes..
    they make it hard to burn stuff because of there high micro content to less chem nutrient content..

not saying your wrong at all bro...;)
    your completely entitled to your methods and opinion's...respectfully;)

and your way does work, just enough nutes is not a bad way to grow either..
    but it does lead to stress sometimes outdoors after a good rain or storm..
    then all nute is gone ..
    so prper feeding reg now can give him a way bigger end result than what he is going to have with that weeee little plant..see what i'm sayin..
    if i had 2 week's to veg before flowering phase kick's in, and my plant was only a few inches tall..i'd jack that joker up! get it as big as possible and put on weight more...then flush an extra week at the end..just to be safe..
    flowering times are also way longer outdoors than indoors homie..
    i am a native of FL so i know are weather great!
    dog days of summer..15 hour days are still here, just now getting to the 13-14 hours a day point now, since fall is nearing..
    this will continue until winter..
    so...your flowering times are even longer..
    gotta jam them nutes..that things got more veg left in it than givin credit..

fl basicly has 2 season's ..hotter than hell or mild at the bottom in winter and down to 17 degrees in winter at the top of fl, say jax, panhandle area..
    thats it..we skip spring and fall, or there only about a month long..lol

cheer's buddy i hope i shed some light or gave some info that might help in the future

12. either or, do your best, this will give you some time to play with nutes this first grow and get a feel for them before you start buying great beans..
    it will only help and take some edge of your next grow;)

order some..walmart you pick..i'd stay away from cheap shit like MG and shultz

i like guanokalong
    the house of guano box is awesome at 25-30$
    roots organics is killer(fav's list)
    flora nova is a organic based nute that is 2 part..one bttle of grow(veg nutes) and one flora nova bloom(flowering nutes)
    super easy to use and hard to burn stuff with..

those are some of my favs..
    get at any online grow shop..

13. uh oh. this does not look good. this is at the bottom of the plant check it up looks dried out.

[​IMG]

14. That's just the cotyledons dying off, they do that when the plant finds them unnecessary after a while, all/most of them die off