How is it looking So Far?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by VanillAroma, May 29, 2009.

1. trying a new germination process that i found on this website...
    jus looking for some advice...
    As you can see....
    I am germinating in a tupperware container...
    took 6 party cups with 6 holes poked in the bottom of each...
    filed them with a good NPK ratio soil
    then i sat them outside with ziplocs over them after i watered them...to keep in the moisture...
    once i saw the white root petruding from the seeds i put them in the cups of soil...one inch deep...and covered them up...
    and now they are currently in the cups in a ziploc in a shoebox in my closet...
    [​IMG] http
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. heres some more pics...
    bottom of cups
    [​IMG]
    my setup...in a shoebox...until they sprout
    [​IMG]
    inside of cups
    [​IMG]

3. ummm, you dont want soil with NPK just yet, it could possibly burn the roots or give the plant shock and kill it.

4. i thought itd be ok as long as he didnt add nutes jus water for the first couple weeks..? also i was thinking maybe its too humid do u keep those bags on all the time? if so where cus they probably gonna start to get mold or when ur plant comes through it will dampen off at the main stem and fall over and die..

5. The NPK are Nutes, he bought soil already with slow releasing nutes in it, like niracle grow.

edit: and seedlings like humid places so they bags work well.

6. The baggies are to ensure that the soil stays moist while the seed finishes germing. Keep them on until the plant has fully sprouted.

Also, if the NPK ratio of the soil is to rich it will burn out the seedling. Your right that your not supposed to add ferts this early but soil with high NPK's IS adding ferts beforehand if you know what I mean.

Good Luck.

7. so what should i do?
    i jus put the seed in today...
    should i take it out and put it in regular dirt?
    or what should i do...
    and it was miracle grow specialized for tomatoes....let me know asap
    and the baggies are only going to be on until the root sprouts...
    and im keeping it in my closet out of sunlight...is that ok?

8. ok i obviously worded that wrong seeds need alot of moisture yes, but what im saying is that with "no fresh air" and a bunch of soil and water that it "will" turn to mold it will rot the seed especially if put in the sun..a couple years back i had a seed starter with jiffy pucks about 75 of them, and it had a clear lid that layed ontop not keeping it airtight or anything and after a day in the dark not to hot or cold they had started to smell like mold and some had mold growing on them,..anyways i jus mean to be safe u could poke a hole in the bag therfore leaving moisture in it and giving fresh air..
    well i dont think the soil will hurt them, i mean because u never said it was high in npk jus a good mix with it in there and well all soil has some fertz in it anyways, u say the roots are already comming out i think if ur not experienced ull probably hurt them more then if u leave them in the soil if u try to move them into diff dirt... and if ur still worried about the over fert problem which u shouldnt be then jus flush with water about 10 of those cups ur using and theyll be fine.