How is BP oil different from natural oil seepage in the ocean?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, May 18, 2010.

1. Because losing 5,000 barrels a day, paying to clean up this mess, and dealing with the millions of dollars in law suits they face is exactly what BP wants for their organization. :rolleyes:

I don't even know what you're suggesting... they like losing money? They hate the environment?

This is exactly the kind of stupid shit that gets into peoples heads when their thinking is motivated by fear. BP and their employees are the largest victims of this oil spill, and they're being unjustly demonized.

2. #63 Stigma, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010

Wait. What?

When did I say they wanted this spill?

U are putting words in my mouth.
    When did I suggest they like losing money? What part of my post suggested that to u aaron?

edit:

And by the way, I guarantee u the people in charge of BP wont be going hungry because of this buddy. They deserve every fuckin thing they get thrown at them. They fucked up, time to pay. Thats how capitalism works buddy. :D

3. When u hear the people from the oil co. saying shit like "the cap we tried to put on the oil spill didnt fail. It just didnt work the way we wanted it to". U know they are simply lying in our faces.

I guess I misinterpreted this statement to mean that you think they aren't trying to stop the spill, I'm still not sure what you think they're lying about.

4. Ah yeah, im gonna have to disagree.

5. Ok sorry. After all the marine animals that will die premature deaths, BP will suffer the most from this spill.

Better?

6. LOL I used that as an example of them being liars. I even SAID it in that post!

Dude, I dont know what to tell u. If u believe BP is the VICTIM here your crazy. I cant understand how u can come to that conclusion.

I am not saying that BP wanted this to happen, or that they hate the environment. I am saying they are lying about how big their fuck up is, and they deserve every fuckin law suit they get hit with. They are DESTROYING our fucking shoreline. They should be held accountable for what they have done.

7. NO not better. U say that like its no big deal. Thats our fuckin environment we are fucking up man. That is fucked on so many levels.

8. You don't think BP is losing anything in having one of their wells explode and then having all that oil out? Thats millions of possible dollers lost for them.

I don't think Aaronman is saying the oil spilled in the ocean doesn't matter. He's saying BP has an interest in stopping the leak because they are losing money on it so why are they lying by saying "the cap we tried to put on the oil spill didnt fail. It just didnt work the way we wanted it to"? How is that a lie? Why would they tell that lie?

And yes BP should pay for it because they fucked up other peoples property by spilling all that oil and having it go everywhere.

9. Woe is us. If we only lived in the same enviroment as you , so that we could understand the importa.......Wait a second. We do live in the same environment and do care about it, since we also are dependant on it for our lives. :rolleyes:

10. he actually completely insinuated that the rig blowing up was an inside job. you're just so brainwashed by the conservative media to automatically go into defensive mode without looking or listening to what he said

"What better way to head-off more oil drilling, and nuclear plants, than by blowing up a rig? I'm just noting the timing, here."

what do YOU think he was getting at? lolololol

11. #73 Stigma, May 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010

I think anyone with common sense knows that BP is losing a ton of $$ on this (Which is probably really not shit to them lol). I am not doubting that at all. I brought up that they are liars because aaron is sitting here acting as if they are victims.

They have lied about how much oil has been leaking since day ONE. They should not be looked at as victims. They fucked up. They knew the risk they where taking, and now they gotta pay.

Edit:

I want to point out that when I say "they fucked up" I mean they ROYALY FUCKED UP. They are going to cost A LOT of fucking people A LOT of money. Just to clarify. :)

12. When did I say u didnt live in this environment? Why are u acting as if I said that?

I said its OUR environment in the post. Not MINE.

13. #75 Dronetek, May 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010
    No, I actually heard the segment in question and am not relying on biased left wing sources to tell me what he said. He was making hay about Obama's lack of action in the beginning and suggested he wanted it to get worse, in order to help push through his "green" agendas like Cap and Trade. He never once suggested Obama blew anything up.

Here is a transcript:
    Obama Pays Oil Slick Lip Service; He's Interested in His Agenda, Not His Job

I suppose you still believe Rush applauded James early ray and supported slavery too?

Yeah, if you read the transcript he was being sarcastic based on the fact Obama sent SWAT and homeland security to the rig. His main beef with Obama was about his slow response. He was also curious about the odd coincidence of having a spill on the first earth day and then again on this one.

In any case, so what if he did suggest such a thing? The Democrats and media didn't have a problem with Moore and all the people in the DNC who played up 9/11 truther conspiracies. To the point 60% of Democrats believe Bush was either behind 9/11, or knew about it and did nothing. The democrats invited Moore to their 2004 convention for fuck sake!

Its just Rush's typical debate tactics of displaying absurdity by being absurd. If you don't listen and rely on left wing sources to inform you, than you're not going to get it.

Start another thread and we can hash this all out if you want. I'll show you what I'm talking about.

14. [​IMG]

Why yes, yes you are.

15. Natural oil seepage is just that; it's a natural drain that localized eco-systems have addaped to. You bring up a valid question, one that many conservitve people have brought up. However as stated before these happen in oceans around the world, which puts less strain on local eco-systems.

The spill in the Gulf is a single concentration of crude being dumped into an ecosystem that hasn't had to deal with this kind of quantity before.

check out the may 17th image:
    See how the oil spill grows in the Gulf of Mexico - USATODAY.com
    and now a natural seep:
    Natural Seafloor Oil Seeps | Geology.com

This chapter paints a pretty good picture of the difference between a natural seep and the man-made disaster that is now taking place.
    Oil in the Sea III: Inputs, Fates, and Effects

"The effect of petroleum hydrocarbon is not directly related to the volume released. It is instead a complex function of the rate of release, the nature of the released hydrocarbon, and the local physical and biological ecosystem."
    natural seeps are usually not a pin point flow of crude...

Sorry man but even if nature did leak that much crude in one place do you think we should do the same?

Now the even bigger issue with the spill that the media isn't covering well is the dangers and corporate tangles with the Coexit that is being dumped into the gulf. You think oil is bad....

PS Stigma; Alex Grey is one of my all time favorite artists and would love to experiance a Full Moon Gathering.

peace 'yall

16. Because it is in a localized area, its not like we see oil slicks that big on a daily basis.

17. That example I used might look familiar because I was quoting you. Thus the italics. It's exactly what you said. I'm still confused why you think they would lie to us about trying to stop the oil.

BP is a victim, and I think the largest victim. Human lives were lost when the rig exploded for some reason. This was an accident, if anything caused by TransOcean or Halliburton. They will be held accountable and they will suffer for not being cautious enough. This could cost them $100 billion. No need to demonize them is all I'm saying.

Oil spills are the price we (humans) pay for using oil, it's an unavoidable externality.

18. U are confused as to why they would lie about trying to stop the oil? I never said they where lying about trying to stop it. I am saying they are LIARS in general.

Once again u are changing what I said so that it fits YOUR argument. LOL U are REALLY bad at it too.

I said "they are lying about the amount of oil that is leaking". Also, if a guy says to u "Its not that it didnt work. It just didnt work the way we wanted it to" What would u say to that man? Would u tell him he just completely contradicted himself? I really hope so.

U are defending a Co. that publicly LIED numerous times about the amount of oil that they are letting dump into OUR ocean. And now u are acting like they deserve my pity? LOL FUCK THEM!

They dont pity me when I cant afford gas to get to work. As a matter of fact, unless we are forking out tons of $$ to them, oil companys dont give a FUCK about us.
    Now I am supposed to care that they have to pay for a huge mistake that THEY made?

Bwahahaha. Your fucking delusional.