How important is temperature?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by seedling4life, Apr 3, 2008.

1. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Could temperature be a problem when flowering? could this cause them to not grow buds? I see different temp. ranges all over this site, what is the absolute coldest and hottest it can get when they are flowering? for both light and dark cycle...

On my first grow, only one of the different strains I was growing actually grew buds, the other ones only grew tiny little buds and never matured, nothing worth smoking. (all bagseed)

I am on my second grow now, every plant is under the same condition, I have a clone of that first plant and she is budding again, however, I have 3 master kush plants that are 2 weeks into flowering, they are all showing sex, however, no buds are growinng at the tops and I am starting to get worried, looks like the same shit is going to happen again....

I have been using bottled water and my fertilizer is a worm humus that has a PH of 6.21, so I don't think it is PH problems.
    It gets pretty hot over here, so when I turn on the HPS, I turn on an AC unit and the temperature goes down to about 70, when the lights are off the temperature can get around 80-85, could this be the reason why they do not flower?....

2. If it gets over 95, its deadly...

3. anything above 88-90 makes them feel bad, 95-100 kills them,

if you have enough control indors in your grow room keep them at 75F for optimal growth with about 40% relative humidityfor flower , imho 85+ slows growth a little, and 90 does damage so id say 85F is all they can handle,

during night or lights out, im not too sure i know a frost will kill them, but i have mine get down in the low 50`s some times, no big deal, maybe they like a cool dark night after a hot bright day.

4. You said after two weeks they're not budding much. Well, most of the mass in buds is gained in the last 2 weeks.

5. i think it matters A LOT... keep it below 85 if you can, especially if it is an indica - it will probably not produce as good of buds as if it were grown sub 77.... Also keep in mind, with the higher temp the more dry your buds are going to be in the end. me and a bud had a temp problem that wasn't fixable and had to grow at 85+ temps constantly with two indicas and a sativa(which seemed to love the heat)...well needless to say when we didn't water for a whole week to finally cure them, they dried out in about 4-5 days and were very thin and not very full - even on the sativa.

that was also our first grow and we still ended up with 1.5O from 3 plants in the end.

we also learned a valuable lesson... NEVER START YOUR GROW UNTIL YOUR SETUP IS COMPLETELY FINISHED. that DEF includes temp tests. hope this helps.

6. It could be getting up to 85 when its dark, not sure, I didn't want to bother them, but I'll check today; they are not dying, they are growing, but all I see are the single pistils with the white hair.
    Weedman, that is exactly what happened to the first plant I grew, it looked great when it was alive, it took about 3-5 days to cure, the buds got so skinny, its good, but it was only a half.
    The problem is that it is always above 80 over here, I didn't want to leave the AC unit on all day long because electricity is so expensive, but I guess I don't have a choice..

7. he doesn't want go that far dude.

Try to keep it below 90. Don't believe all those videos like motorcyclemike watches that says 95 - 100 is deadly. You don't want to go that far. keep it below 90. 85 preferably.

8. Just to update this thread
    I now have the AC 24X7 at around 21 and everything is looking good, they started flowering a 2 days after I left the AC on.
    Thanks to everyone, specially weedman040, right on the money.....
    Peace