How important is lighting?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by starbucks007, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Hey y'all! Ok, so I'm new here and new to growing. I started one plant, basically as an expierement and it took off!! so far I haven't done anything more than giving it sun, water, talking to it, and playing music.

So I was wondering how imporant a grow light is? Like, do I really need one if it gets enought sun light? I live in pennsylvania, and the days are getting shorter, but it's doig pretty good.

2. Yeah I would probably get one. Why not just grow it outdoors if your doing that?

3. Well in PA it will be very cold very soon and kill your plant.

These plants thrive at 68-90. Everybody says to not let their rooms get above 80 meh, i allow up to 95 in my room and the plants love it, but I also C02 so they can handle higher heat.

4. Light is very important, as is the light schedule u have your plants on. Sunlight through a window can grow your plant, but you won't be happy unless you get some sort of serious lighting, in my opinion. Good luck!

5. thanks guys, i deff think i'm gonna get one. and beefygrower I don't want it outside cuz as husky said it's gonna get cold soon. so in my house we will keep it nice and warm.