How important is it

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by twotoketaxi, Jan 22, 2007.

1. To keep the air at an even temperature throughout the life cycle of a plant? There will be a few plants growing in an open-plan apartment, in one corner. 0.5metre x 1 metre and 1 metre upwards (I'm shit at maths). A box will cover them for the photoperiod. The problem I have is I'm not going to have any way to regulate the air temperature to keep it at a solid 70F (or whatever I read which is the best heat for the plants). I have central heating in here but I can't choose how hot, I just turn it on. Will the heat from the 600watt MH be enough, with a decent reflector?

All help appreciated and valued greatly.

2. the mh will give u more heat than u would want... keep it 72-80 ambient temps... if it gets up to 85 sometimes thats fine, just dont let it happen every day. Also, at night dont let the temps go under 65

3. The corner is right next to a window, the window will be just above the height of the plants. So I could have that open if it gets too hot.

They won't be in an enclosed space or 'growbox', it's an open corner.

4. i keep my exhaust fan on a timer (to keep co2 in the cab) and i've asked that same question. people have said not to keep fluctuating (sp?) the temp but i'ts only a difference of maybe 10 degrees. also in nature the plant is subject to temp swings. as long as they arent' to severe i would not worry about it.