How important is it to..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BYOweed, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Keep a journal for growing. If it is.. What should I be recording?

2. notebook? I keep a notebook with super detailed notes for myself, Then do updates on my thread with pics for everyone else.. Super important.. If something goes awry you can go back and see what was done differently that may have caused the change.

3. It can be helpful. Whether it is "important" is relative -- if it's important to you then it's important.

Record key dates and activities: date you started germing process, date it germed, date planted, date sprouted, dates of waterings, dates of feedings, date of topping or LSTing, date switched to 12/12, date sex shows, dates of adjustments to pH and such, dates deficiencies/problems started to show, date of final flush, date of harvest, date drying ends.

This can be helpful during future grows, and also can be helpful for this grow. You would be amazed how easy it is to get confused on how long you've been vegging, whether your last watering was a feeding or a water only, etc.

4. word LilJ86....it helps you keep up and remember details, plus if you start one on here, maybe some more experienced people can check on your situation, give you some feedback, and/or give some advice on a problem you may have. Keep up with everything from soil type, water/nute schedules and amounts, lighting, etc., etc. Record all details and keep track of whats going on.

5. unless you have a good memory, and i mean a good one lol its a good idea

record day of planting... waterings (so you figure out the schedule you need outside of feeling for when it needs water) when you change the lights to 12/12

You could also record shit like when new growth starts... when pistils appear after flowering... just shit like that so you get a hang of when stuff should happen on a generic level

6. lol double post

7. Thanks all, luckily I did start a journal I guess.. Still waiting for a batch of 20 seeds to germinate and eventually yield a lot of... Happiness:smoke:

8. A lot of people do keep detailed journals, but to me it just isnt that important. I dont care how many days I vegged. You veg until your plants get the desired height to flower. Cant remember when you watered, check the pots. Dont know how long until harvest, check the trichs. Need to know when to feed, just look at your plants.

As far as referencing for future grows, unless you have the exact same strain and phenos then your past information isnt always indicative of what you need to do on your present grow.

My first grow, I recorded everything down to how many ml's of water was given to each plant on every watering. After looking back at the info I came to the conclusion 90% of it was a complete waste of time and energy.