How important is it to be good-looking?

Discussion in 'General' started by dantino, Dec 26, 2011.

1. I mean important as when put up to comparison of every single event in your entire life.

When you're getting a new job. When you're begging a bus driver to let you on regardless of the fact you forgot your money. When you're trying to get into a club.

Anything.

Are looks the subconciously controlling element in almost everything in human history? It's well known that it is pleasing to a newborn to show it a good-looking face...does this mean we're automatically preprogrammed to only pay attention to beautiful people?

Very perplexing to me, and I need some high thoughts.

2. pretty much mandatory

3. Looks aren't everything. You can be ugly with a fat wad of cash and still get what you want.

Also, why the fuck would a bus driver care what you look like? I've never had the bus driver kick me out cause I wasn't sexy enough.

4. you must be riding the ugly bus

5. I think looks are more important than you don't think they are. Think about that.

6. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH hahaha

7. I feel like women get further with their looks than men.

When I am begging for a free bus ride I know hes not lettin me on because I look good, ~ but because my karma is. I try and let my 'swag'/personality/way I carry myself get me places in life rather than my sexy bod and movie star face.

Honestly I think my looks have only gotten me chicks and not much else, thou what else matters ;) haha.

8. It depends on what you apply them to

9. Important in some aspects, not important in others.

If I was hiring someone, id want to work with people I can stand, joke around with and shoot the shit. Personality is just as important as looks.

Of course, every boss needs a hot secretary with titties.

10. Aslong as your happy, who cares?

11. Beautiful people don't ride the bus. Why do you think limousines were invented?

12. With great power comes great responsibilities...

Having good looks is useful, but you got to be able to handle it as well.

13. Depends on your brainpower. I am not the best looker but I can manipulate like a fucking assassin I get whatever I want lol.

14. I think nowadays the idea of being good looking has unofficially been sponsored (forced down our throats) by media and culture. Influence in television is sometimes subliminal, yet its final destination has been programmed in your subconscious. Are there areas where being good looking have its advantages? Fuck yes. If you have it, use it - who am I / we to tell someone how to get ahead. Do I smack on a plastic smile, neat and fit appearance, and articulate myself properly in professional facets of life - absolutely. So are we automatically programmed? No, I don't believe so - but we are certainly subconsciously programmed. A stronger person can identify this and re-write the subconscious in order to change his / her outlook. Personally I view everyone as equals. We are all the same. Some just got a better roll of the dice in the aspect of vanity. Truthfully, I find women more attractive when the are confident. I loathe woman that mistake it for arrogance. But the "10" will always get the looks before the "4". That ten can turn into a one within 30 minutes if she's one dimensional.

15. im too sexy for this thread

16. Too sexy by far...

17. im too sexy for this damn planet. ive accepted the fact that no matter what i do ill have to settle.

it sucks being too fly.

18. they're important because our culture has placed such a markable emphasis on it.

19. Have you ever been on a bus? Everybody ugly as fuck