How important is Humidity?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by masterlights, Mar 6, 2010.

1. This questions is geared toward the vegative stage.It was a cold month in feb and the humidity was sometimes in the 20's.When it gets that low should i start thinking about getting a humidifier?

I know flowering you dont want the humidity above 60% and i know for veg the humidity should be in the 50-80% but do the plants in the vegative stage have bad effects when the humidity is as low as 20 or 30%??

2. I keep my humidity as low as possible. My humidity levels were the same as yours. Most marijuana strains are used to extremely low humidity. Excess humidity is something to worry about. You just have to make sure that you water enough when they are young and have low humidity.

3. 40 to 65% humidity is ideal at all stages, vegetative or flowering. 80% is definitely too high; even 75% is too high unless you're using a C02 tank. Using a CO2 enriched system will require slightly higher humidity levels for your plants.

4. oh ok so mj in the veg stage can still live and thrive even at 20% humidity

5. Ya. I brought mine up at that humidity. When they were seedlings, they were in plastic cups and I kept them a little more moist(spraying soil surface everyday). After that for a week, I let them dry out between waterings. Now I am in first wk of flowering and my humidity is at 50% because it is getting warmer here. I try to keep it lower by letting in fresh air during the day.

6. im pretty sure your plant will grow in any humidity you give it, just try to keep good circulation, and sometimes let all the air out. in my case, i have a 4 foot tall, 3 foot wide, 20 inch depth grow space. all i gotta do is open a door, and most of the air thats in the grow room comes out. i blow some weed smoke inside and close it back up after smoking a bowl with my baby

7. mine is at 30% and there isnt shit I can do about it. my fan turns the air over in there 3 times a minute.

8. the only thing i can suggest, put in another light that generates heat. keeping it away from the plants. i got a 60w bulb that gets really hot, i just stick it in there for about 15-20 minutes when my shit first turns on. after that it gets pretty warm in there.

9. ways on increasing humidity in rooms

Instructions
    Step
    Simmer a pot of water on the stove. This is such an easy solution to raise indoor humidity! To make your house smell good, drop a few whole cloves into the hot water. Just watch the pot carefully to make sure it does not boil dry!
    Step
    Save hot water! Put drain stoppers in and prevent all that lovely steam from going down the drain. Whenever you have hot, steamy water, let the steam evaporate into the air. When you drain a pot of pasta, pour the boiling water into another pot instead of down the sink. Plug the drain during your shower to capture the hot water, then let the steam rise out of the bathtub to moisturize the air. Just be sure not to turn on the bathroom exhaust fan!
    Step
    Open the dishwasher after the rinse cycle to let dishes air dry. The moisture and heat from the wash cycle will enter the room raising both temperature and humidity.
    Step
    Hang clothes to dry. The dryer pulls moisture out of your clothes and vents it to the outdoors. Instead, let that moisture raise the humidity level of your home. String a clothes line in the basement and keep the moisture in your house.
    Step
    Put shallow pans filled with water on or near heating vents to moisturize dry air coming from your furnace.
    Step
    Grow houseplants and keep them hydrated. Set plants on gravel-filled water trays. Mist your plants frequently.

10. thanks for the info guys.i actually do use that clothes hanging idea sometimes when the humidity is super low.were now entering spring so im humidity will prolly start raising from 20 or 30%.i just didnt know if mj or any plant for that matter needed a decent amount of humidity in the air to grow to its full potential.

i do have a 400 watt light in my veg room that gives off a decent amount of heat but my veg room is in a small bedroom and i will be getting a exhaust fan to get some circulation in there.

11. well GL to you. im gonna stick to my shitty bagseed growings till i become a "grower"