How important is humidity during flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by T.Bug, Jul 4, 2006.

1. I was just wondering if a $130 investment will do for me. Does it increase yield? Does it decrease mold? Any thoughts? Peace, TBug

2. I would say its insanely important. Too low and I guess they'll dry out, definately too much and you'll get mold, which is a no no. What would you be getting for $130? Unless I'm mistaken, you can just add fans to circulate more air which should lower humididty.

3. well, thats not the problem, really. They say 30% is optimal, and my room is at like 45-50%. Other than that there is no real problem. So exactky HOW inportant is "optimal humidity" is a better way to ask. Peace, TBug

PS
    Im in HOTLANTA, GA! remember? lol

4. somewhere between 30 and 50 is fine. 28-32 is nice for the last two weeks when things start to frost with tricomes, making your leaves as valuable as your hairbuds. It creates the tricomes (frost, Resin) to protect itself, because this is the period in which it is supposed to mature the seeds.

It wont increase bud size, and yes, ventilation will reduce chance of mold, very important. And moldy stagnation ussually creeps about durring dark hours when you may not be able to have afan on it. BUT, just having a fan on in the room, given theres some sort of ventilation in your grow area that leads outside of it, will help keep things non stagnant.

5. Ventlation is fine.

So, from what i gather from your response is that it wont increase bud size, but will increase THC?