How Important Is A Fan ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by blaaboy, Jul 17, 2006.

1. im Growing White Widown Plant Indoor Under 150 Watt Hps Light In A Shed, It Sprouted 3 Weeks Ago And I Gave It First Feed Today (24/8/16 Miracle Grow)i Think, It Looks Good And Bushy And Healthy , There Is No Air Movement Inside The Shed, Is It Essential For A Fan ? I Put It Out In Sunlight A Couple Of Times To Make It Stronger For A Few Hours Here And There . Is This Enough Or Am I Causing Any Problems By Not Having A Fan On It At This Stage ? Im Having Power Problems In Getting A Socket Working Out There So Im Really Just Wondering Is How Long Will I Get Away Without Having A Fan ?

2. well it sounds to me like you really dont have a full setup for your gro, it sounds like you have a light and a shed and a plant thats about it ... you should go ahead and get some sort of temp gauge for your shed and a couple of fans for sure temp is going to get you your yeilds you want. It is one of the most important things to a gro so yes go out and get your self a couple of fans or else you might come upon some other troubles real quick i assure you =)

3. I've never grown ww, but from what i've heard, I'd assume it puts on some big fat juicy buds. The fan will make your stem stronger and will help hold up the plant during flowering. Without a fan, your stems are gonna be too skinny and come flowering time, ur lady is gonna fall over. Not to mention the fan helping with heat issues, but it sounds like you don't have any problems with that.

I'd say get a cheap oscilating fan in there just for the stem. The stronger the plant the bigger the buds.

4. CHEERS GUYS,

JSUT TO SAY, I HAVE A NICE SMALL GLAVANISED SHED, FULLY TINFOILED, N O LIGHT LEAKING OUT AND NO LIGHT LEAKING IN , I HAVE A BENCH THAT I CAN LOWER AND RAISE PERFECTLY FOR DISTANCE TO THE LIGHT. I HAVE A FAN BUT AS I SAID HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE GETTING LIGHT HOOKED UP , I BLEW ALL THE FUSES IN THE HOUSE WHEN WIRING THIS UP , PERSON THAT OWENED THE HOUSE BEFORE ME HAD SOME DODGEY ELECTRICAL WORK. MY PROBLEM IS GETTING SOMEONE TO PUT A JUNCTION BOX ON THE LIVE WIRE AND FEEDING A NEW ONE OUT OF IT TO PUT A SOCKET ON SO I CAN PLUG MY FAN IN AND GET IT GOING . I NEARLY ELECTRICUTED MYSELF SETTING LIGHT UP SO THATS PUT ME OFF DOING ANY MORE ELEXTRICAL WORK THERE . I WAS CEHCKING LIVE WIRE INTO LIGHT AS IT WOULDNT WORK FOR AGES, HAD A LIVE GOING IN , CHECKED WITH FACE TESTER, I TIPPED IT OFF LIVE AND EITHER EARTH OR NEUTRAL AT THE SAME TIME AND IT MADE A REALLY LOUD BANG, SAW A BIG BLUE SPARK AND SOME SMOKE, LUCKLILY ENOUGH I DIDNT DO THE LIGHT BUT EVEN LUCKEIR I DIDNT FRY MYSELF. I HAD TO SINCE THEN GET SOMEONE IN TO SORT IT OUT FOR ME . IT WAS FUNNY TOHUGH, ME OUT IN SIDE GARDEN DOING THIS DISCRECTLY FROM 2 HOUSEMATES, ONE IS IN ON IT , SUDDENLY THE LECKY WENT AND ME COMING INTO THE HOUSE WITH A WIPED OUT HEAD ON ME .

JUST NEEDED TO SHARE THAT LOL

MY GOAL IS TO HAVE IT SETUP IN A WEEKS TIME SO HOPEFULLY THE SECOND MOTH OF GROWTH I'LL BE ABLE TO STRENGTHEN IT UP . I COULD ALWAYS TIE THE BRACHNES TO STAKES FOR SUPPORT IF THINGS DONT WORK OUT WITH THE FAN ?

THE PLANT IS GROWING EXTREMELY WELL THOUGH I MUST SAY, LOOKS a1 , LIKE UD SEE IN A MAG, THEYR FEMINIZED SEEDS SO ALL GOING WELL SHOULD PRODUCE SOME NICE BUD .

5. pull the fuse or shut of the breaker to kill the power to at ckt. then pigtail in an outlet.

6. I believe you need to have a supply of fresh air at all times when the light is on. Your plant uses co2 to grow and produce buds. If you dont have a constant supply of air (or a co2 system)then your plants wont be able to grow when they have consumed all the co2 in the shed.