how important are the 2000-7500 lumens for growth?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Terobitegod, Oct 22, 2014.

1. this is my very first grow and i have some ak49 auto's in the mail (around 7$ a pop) anyway i only have a 15 watt bulb (around 800-900 lumens). will my plant even grow?  i know this is probably a stupid question  but i hear about people who grow without a hitch  with regular light bulbs so i was thinking if its possible to do it with a garbage cfl  View attachment 1597483 (much brighter irl )

2. #3 3G_Labs, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    And that's why they say "Don't put the cart before the horse".  You have 7$ seed's en-route but no light?

Your seeds feed on solar, Technology we will never be able to replicate! And you want to feed em from a couple Lightbulbs?!?!........they will (grow) but you will be very sad with the results.
    I say if you're going to do something....don't do it Half-ASSed. or don't do it with 7$ seeds! If you were in CO I'd give you 4Donation seeds haha.

3. Lol I'm calling my grow half ass but I didn't start with a basic light bulb. At that point you're better off putting it on the window sill.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum