How I quit smoking

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by LoveTheGreen, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Hey blades, I think I've mentioned this before, but I figured I'd just make a thread since it could help some people. I started smoking less than a year ago (soon after I started smoking weed) at the age of 21 (dumbass move). Anyway, it of course progressed to where I was at 3 or 4 a day and craving them/needing them to relieve stress. (I realize this is pretty tame, but I think a lot of you might be in a smiliar position and wanting to quit before it gets worse)

Then, several months ago, I got a stomach virus... It was a normal, run of the mill type thing, but it still sucked. Being too tired to want to go buy new smokes, but still needing the nicotine, I found some old American Spirits that were stale as fuck. As I smoked that cig out my dorm window, I could feel my stomach begin to turn over. Ignoring this, I plowed ahead and finished the fucker. Well, this resulted in me running to the bathroom and violently vomiting. I tried the same thing later that day and got the same result.

So I figured hey, I'll just wait until tomorrow when I feel a little better. The next day, even the thought of a cig brought back that vomit feeling. Two days later I felt better and even though a cig sounded gross, I needed some nicotine, so I went back to those stale AS's... I took two puffs before I realized I couldn't handle it.

My brain now associates cigs with vomiting and sickness. I have had a couple since, but just when I was drinking (for the buzz) and even then they tasted horrible (they used to taste amazing when drunk). So, if you want to quit and nothing else is working, try to take advantage of the same brain that got you addicted in the first place. Wait until you're sick and smoke those puppies when you know it will make you throw up. Hopefully, like me, you'll make that negative association and it will last forever.

Shit, this is pretty long, but hopefully it can help at least one person. :)

2. If you're a heavy smoker, it's those dreams you have to prepare yourself for. I've quit many of times and it's usually the dreams I have when I'm stressed that do me in. You feel like you were satisfying your craving only to realize you're not.

3. Dude, I got a virus in my chest, and the EXACT same thing happened to me. It took me 2 weeks to finish ONE pack. Then after that pack was done, I never bought more.

4. Yeah thats how i never started smoking. My buddy gave me a newport 100 after smoking smoking some chron and I smoked the whole thing. It felt good for a few minutes, the nicotine buzz was really intense, but that soon subsided to a feeling of extreme nausia, cold sweat, just all around shittyness. Really the only time I will smoke a cig is if i'm on DXM, for some reason it doesnt make me sick and it adds some to the dxm.

5. Nice post man...+rep

I'm sure this will help someone.

6. Congrat son quiting! and I'll show this to some friends

7. thats pretty crafty dude. Ive never smoked a cig in my life, even though I smoke at least an 8th of dank a day. Ill tell some of my friends about this. thanks.

8. quitting smoking is not about the cravings, its all with your brain man, if you really want to quit, then the cravings should be replaced with something eles

other wise....keep smoking till you decided you don't want to smoke anymore

9. Classical conditioning

10. hmmm, it's about that time to go smoke a butt (not by choice), inspiring..might self-induce right now and it'll hopefully help.