Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How I Passed My Hair Follicle Drug Test (Legit)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MindRacingWhiteGuy, Mar 21, 2015.

1. The point of this thread is to help others going through this. I am pissed off to the highest extent that hair follicle testing for marijuana (or any marijuana drug testing for that matter) is the be all end all to whether or not you are going to get the job that you have worked your whole life for. When you are told that you are the guy they need, the person they have been looking for, 4 different managers sit you down and tell you they can't wait for you to start and if it was up to them you would be starting today... this should be enough. When your skills, attitude and personality have been assessed by multiple upper managers and you are not only a satisfactory match, but are told that you are above and beyond what they expected and they would love to have you.... this should be enough. Then some bitch from Human Resources wants to shove a cup under your penis and a blade in your scalp to see if she can "catch you" to see if she can "get you". Ohhh GOOD FOR YOU your able to find out whether or not I smoked a joint 90 days prior ***round of applause*** let me go ahead and add a feather to your cap, and a little more poop to your nose.

Deep Breath: No matter how pissed you get, how unjust and unfair it may be, no matter how wrong it is, they are going to drug test you..... and it WILL determine whether or not they hire YOU (the best person for the job) or SOMEONE ELSE (under qualified for the job BUT hasn't smoked marijuana in the last 90 days).

This is going to be a long read because I have done a lot and have a lot to say. I know that there have been other threads on how people have passed a hair follicle drug test, but those threads either haven't been updated in years or have so many posts that I couldn't possibly find time to read through them.

I was tested by 2 different labs (Omega and Psychemedics) I passed both of them.

Shout out to Jerry G, Macujo and Growman for keeping me from going insane during this whole process and giving me hope on being able to accomplish something that doctors told me was impossible.

First my Profile: I am a white guy in my mid 20's with thick brown hair I kept between an inch and a half to two inches during this entire process. When I took the test my hair was somewhere between an inch in a half to an inch and three quarters. I am a power lifter and as such I am right about 6 foot tall and weigh 265 pounds. My metabolism I would say is about normal. 

Smoking Schedule: I smoked weed multiple times a day everyday since I was 13 (10+ years).

What This Method Is Based On: Firstly, some names that you all might recognize.... This method is based on the Macujo method, the Growman method, and the Jerry G method (very loosely). I want to point out that I live somewhere in the midwest United States and attend a well known university. I am an engineering student, and that being said I have a lot of friends and colleagues that I surround myself with. Among these very intelligent people are other engineers, chemists and med students. THAT BEING SAID, this method that I used is also based on independent research performed by me, information and suggestions gathered from other engineers (chemical), chemists and a couple of med students. Additionally, I also talked and took notes from other people who have passed their hair follicle test, and also multiple websites (a lot of them bullshit) about different methods and ways to pass hair follicle tests (websites included websites trying to sell you something, and websites solely for informational purposes). In conclusion, I also had a brief conversation with a current practicing sports doctor.

Differencing Variables: I want everyone to know that I had about 6 weeks from the time that I knew I needed to take a hair follicle test, to the time that I actually took it. I also want everyone to know that at the beginning of this I knew very little about hair drug testing...... I became an expert pretty damn quickly (the human mind is a powerful tool when you want it to be). I believe one of the biggest key factors is that you have MORE than 10 days from the time you stop smoking to the time you have to take the hair follicle test. This is because it takes about 7 days (but as many as 10) for the last bit of (positive) hair to pop through the scalp. After 10 days, the hair that comes through the scalp will be negative for marijuana metabolites. Don't worry about blood depositing more metabolites into your hair after 10 days, the metabolites aren't active in your blood more than a couple days. If you have less than 10 days, you have the added problem of your hair growing a microscopic amount from the time you finish the method, to when they actually cut the hair from your head. I have learned though, that you can calm your mind of this because people have passed the hair test with this method while having smoked heavily just a few days prior by literally finishing the method, then immediately getting their ass to the hair testing facility. If you do this, you should be okay, however I cannot speak from experience as I had about 6 weeks between the time that I stopped smoking and the time that I took the test.

IF YOU CAN GET TO THE POINT WHERE THE NEW HAIR GROWING THROUGH YOUR SCALP IS NEGATIVE, THEN THE METHOD THAT I AM GOING TO TALK ABOUT WILL BE PERMANENT!!!!

What Doesn't Work: Any hair testing shampoo, mud, gel, medication, etc. that you can buy commercially. If you have found one that works for you then more power to ya, but as for me (which I will talk about later) and the people I have talked to, no commercial product works. ALMOST ALL OF THESE PRODUCTS "MASK" THE METABOLITES. That's a no no. You want to get rid of the metabolites in your hair....... this should be obvious but it is easy to believe things under the stress and strain of an up and coming hair follicle drug test that you normally wouldn't believe under normal circumstances. 

THE KEY TO THIS METHOD IS REPETITION!!!

Getting Everything You Need Before Your Start: Before you start, you're going to want to go out and buy everything that you need first. I got everything from a combination of WalMart and WalGreens (most of it at WalMart) you will most likely need more than one of all of these (except maybe the bleach). How much of each product you need depends on how much you will use each time you perform the method. How much you will use each time to perform the method depends on how long your hair is. If your able to, I would suggest cutting your hair to about 2 or 3 inches (not shorter than an inch and a half!!!!) Here is the list of things that you will need:

White Vinegar

Clean and Clear Pink Astringent (will have either 2% or 3% salicylic acid in it)

Tide Bleach Alternative

Neutrogena T-Sal shampoo, not the original one, the one for dry/itchy scalp (will have either 2% or 3% salicylic acid in it)

Selsum Blue shampoo, not the original one, the one for dry/itchy scalp (will have either 2% or 3% salicylic acid in it)

Bleach, the kind for cleaning, the kind that burns your nose if you're not in a well ventilated area, the kind that you're mother keeps under the kitchen sink. (you will only need 1 bottle of this as you won't use much)

Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner, the kind for hydrating the hair/scalp. 

A shit load of shower caps. I went through dozens of them. Buy the cheap ones. 

Swimming Goggles

End of list.

The Method: I am going to go through this step by step, it is important that you don't skimp, half ass, or skip any of this. This is exactly what I did and I passed. You will be doing it more than once. 

1. Right off the bat, take 2 cereal bowls and grab your bleach, your Selsum Blue and your T-Sal. Empty half the bottle of Selsum into one of the bowls, empty half the bottle of T-Sal into the other bowl. Take a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon and add one table spoon of bleach to the Selsum and one tablespoon of bleach to the T-Sal. Mix SLOWLY both the Selsum mix and the T-Sal mix. If you do it right, the Selsum, should bubble and foam after about a minute of mixing. The T-Sal should turn reddish-amber color after about a minute of mixing. It is important that you do this step first as both these mixes need to sit for about an hour as your doing the next steps that will eventually lead to the use of both of these mixes right about an hour after you mix them, so it works out perfectly. Set the two bowls to the side.

2. Okay, this is going to stink (unless you like the smell of vinegar, I sure don't). Grab your vinegar and grab a shower cap and head to the biggest/deepest sink you have available to you. It's going to be messy. Put on your goggles. Soak your head/hair in the vinegar..... and I mean SOAK. Rub it in. Soak. Rub it in. Get your hair nice and wet and your scalp nice and rubbed down with the vinegar. Then put on a shower cap and let sit for 15 minutes. Take off goggles. Vinegar is going to drip down your face.... it sucks, but just do your best to deal with it and wipe it off with a paper towel. After 15 minutes, go back to the sink. Take off the shower cap and do the same thing again. Soak your head/hair in vinegar, rub it in. Soak, rub it in. Put the shower cap back on and let it sit for another 15 minutes.

3. After another 15 minutes has gone by, it's time for the most painful part. Go back to the sink. DON'T WASH THE VINEGAR OUT AND DON'T CHANGE SHOWER CAPS UNTIL I TELL YOU TOO. Take off your shower cap and grab your bottle of clean and clear pink astringent. Make sure you have your goggles on. Just as thoroughly as you rubbed in the vinegar, your going to do the same thing with the clean and clear. Soak, rub it in. Soak, rub it the fuck in!!! It's going to start burning right about halfway through the rubbing process. Don't think about it, think about passing the test. Your hair IS NOT going to fall out although this is what it may feel like. Soak, rub it in. Soak, rub it in. Put the shower cap back on. Take off goggles. Once the shower cap in back on, the burning feeling is going to get more intense. Suck it up. Let this sit for 20 minutes. You can get through it, many others have.

4. Time for some sweet, cooling relief. Go back to the sink and take off the shower cap. Grab your bottle of Tide bleach alternative. Make sure your goggles are on. Rub your hair and scalp down with a generous amount. Use it like it was shampoo. Scrub, scrub, scrub. Scrub, scrub, scrub. Put the shower cap back on. Take off your goggles. Let sit for 10 minutes.

5. Go to the shower and wash your hair out with the hottest water that you are able to stand. Dry it off with a towel, but leave it damp.

6. Grab your T-Sal mixture. You may not use the whole bowl, but make sure you use it generously. Put your goggles on the soak your hair with the mix. Scrub, scrub scrub. Soak, soak, soak. Scrub, scrub, scrub. Put on a new shower cap. Take off your goggles. Let sit for 20 min.

7. Take off the shower cap but save it. Go to the shower and rinse your hair out with the hottest water your able to stand. Dry it with a towel but once again leave it damp. 

8. Grab your Selsum mixture. Put on your goggles. This mix should be the thickest of everything yet. Go ahead and apply it just like the other. Scrub, scrub scrub. Soak, soak, soak. Scrub, scrub, scrub. Put your shower cap back on, take of your goggles, and let it sit for 20 minutes.

9. Take off the shower cap but save it. Go to the shower and rinse your hair out with the hottest water your able to stand. Dry it with a towel but once again leave it damp. 

10. You're going to rub your hair down with another dose of the tide bleach alternative. So put on your goggles and apply another generous amount of tide bleach alternative to the hair and scalp. Rub and scrub and soak and scrub and rub. Put the shower cap back on, take off your goggles and let it sit for 10 minutes.

11. Go to the shower and wash your hair out with the hottest water that you are able to stand. Dry it off with a towel, but leave it damp.

12. Grab your Aussie. Rub this in your hair. Generously. And I mean generously (it's going to be relieving). If you need too, add a little water from the sink to get a nice generous application of the conditioner. Scrub it is and soak it well. Put a NEW shower cap on and let this sit for a half hour. 

13. Wash out the aussie with the hottest water that you can stand. Dry with a towel.

END METHOD - Yeah..... your gonna be sore...... and probably happy it's over.......don't be too happy..... that was only application one. Keep reading and i'll explain this.

My Experience: Okay, so this is gonna be full of information that other threads were lacking that I really wish they included. Once I start talking about this you'll understand why. This part was quite costly, but you don't have to do it. I did it because it is my nature to track progress. My last day smoking was 2/9/2015. On that day I smoked 2 blunts, a party sized bong packer with my buddy. And lots of bowls with friends and by myself (probably 5 or 6 throughout the day). This is more than I usually smoked daily but it wasn't too out of the ordinary for me. The next morning (2/10/2015) as soon as I woke up is when I found out that I would be taking a hair test but I didn't know when. So at that point I didn't take another hit. I just gave the rest of my stash to my buddy (lucky mofo got free master kush lol). Now, in hindsight I wish I would have tested my hair the first time with no treatment just to see what the pg/mg was at the beginning, but i didn't. I went online and I ordered some commercial shampoos. Among these, the 2 most popular ones were the hair razor and the test'in shampoo. I forgot how much the hair razor was, but the test'in shampoo was a 3 part process that cost me $130.  I also went and spent some money and ordered 6 of those hairconfirm hair tests (Omega labs) so I could both track my progress and make sure that the damn test was a definite negative before going and taking the test that counted (Psychemedics). I called the woman from Omega labs that I would be sending my practice tests too and flat out asked her if her tests were as accurate as Psychemedics. Her answer was a confident "yes, absolutely". 

Before I went out and collected all the information from people and did my research, I was under the impression that one of these commercial shampoos would work. So I did the hair razor first. I used as directed. After the treatment, I cut off a chunk of my hair (soda straw width, 1.5 inches exactly) and sent it in to the lab. Now, like I said, I didn't send any hair in pre treatment (though I wish I had) so I don't know the pg/mg of my hair pre treatment. That being said, I fully expected the results to come back negative, because I followed the instructions exactly. I sent that test in on 2/14/2015 and on 2/18/2015 I got my results.... positive for marijuana metabolite. My heart sunk and the panic started to set in. Deep breath what was the starting progess?....... I failed at 32 pg/mg.

Okay, shit, I need this to be negative. I need this job. I have myself and others depending on me. Okay let's try the test'in. The website said that this was 99.99% effective. So I have as good of chance losing the power ball lottery as I do failing with this stuff. Cool. I followed the 3 step process. I felt that this was more expensive than the other one, so it must work better. Followed the directions exactly. Cut another hair sample and sent it in on 2/23/2015. On 2/27/2015 I got my results back...... positive. Oh no, oh no, oh no! I regret every having smoked weed at this point. This isn't fair. This isn't right. I start thinking it's all over for me. Deep breath. What's my progress?..... 14 pg/mg. Going down..... but it was supposed to work!!!! It didn't work!!!!!! I called the guy from the company. I let him know that I didn't want my money back, I just wanted to tell him it didn't work. He argued with me. I told him to go fuck himself and hung up. At this point I don't know what to do. Deep breath. Resources... what are my resources? Internet, other people who have experienced this, I have intelligent people at my university who I am sure could chime in. And I'm a resourceful guy, capable of research and development. This is when I put 100% effort into figuring this out. I am not going to let this slip through my fingers.

Fast forward a few days to 3/6/2015. I have my information and to the best of my ability have taken the best of the best info that I could get and, with the involvement of others, put together the above method. Each time you do the method it takes roughly 3 hours. I did the method for the first time on 3/7/2015 and started around 7pm to about 10pm. My scalp was sore. I did the method a second time the next day (3/8/2015) around mid day (about 3pm and ended at 6pm) and holy fucking shit was my scalp sore. But I didn't care. About an hour later I cut another hair sample and sent it in. I figured that it probably wasn't going to be negative..... but I thought that that pg/mg would go down steadily until it was negative. On 3/10/2015 my results came back..... positive...... but, it was positive for 4.38 pg/mg. A glimmer of hope started to develop. It was going to hurt, but this test could be beaten. My hair could be cleansed. It could work. That night I did the method again. The next day (3/11/2015) I did it 2 times, once in the morning, once at night. Brutal scalp soreness. But tolerable. About 2 hours later I sent another sample in. On 3/13/2015 I received my results......... positive. Looked at the results...... 2.38 pg/mg. The cutoff is 1 pg/mg. So I had to keep this up until it was below one to get a negative result. That weekend (3/14/2015 - 3/15/2015) I did the method once a day. This equals out to 2 more times over that weekend. My scalp was red, irritated and very sore. But I took another sample and sent it in. On 3/17/2015 I got my results...... I started laughing when I looked at the result. It's still funny in a fucked up way........positive, 1.26 pg/mg. I literally needed to bring it down another .27 and it would be negative. The same day 3/17/15 I did the method 2 more times. This time it hurt so bad that by the time I did it the second time, I could only bare the clean and clear for about 3 minutes and I was literally crying. But I got through it the best that I could. Cut another sample turned it in. This time, I got my results back the next day on 3/18/2015 (good sign)............negative. I cannot explain the amount of relief that came over me. I mean I don't know but it would have to be comparable to the baby finally being pushed out after 12 hours of labor. I mean it was so much relief it got me higher than any marijuana I ever smoked. On 3/19/2015 I called Human Resources and asked them when I was to be sent in for my physical and asked them how my background check went. She said that my background check had no problems passing and that she meant to have called me already. She then said that from this point I will be given 24 hours to go to the lab for hair follicle testing (she was probably putting off calling me because she had other shit to do, but whatever that worked to my advantage). Before going in, I measured my hair, it was about 1.6 inches. I had a feeling they were going to want body hair. I grabbed a new razor and shaved everything below my eyebrows (obviously not my eyebrows, but everything below them). From my hands to my arms to my armpits to my pubes to my ass to my taint to my thighs to my stomach to my chest to my legs to my feet I was baby fucking smooth. I went in that same day and took the hair test. She wanted to take hair from my body, but when she asked why my body hair was completely shaved I said that I was a power lifter (not a lie) and that I had a coach (lie) that made me shave every week for the spring competition coming up (lie). She gave me a funny look and then took it from my head. HAVE AN EXCUSE READY!!!!! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE GENIUS OR ELABORATE BUT HAVE ONE AND STICK TO IT!!!!!! I asked how long it would take for results. She told me most negative samples come back in 24 hours. Well today (3/20/2015) - (so i guess technically yesterday at this point) I got a call from Human Resources saying that my test was negative for everything and I got a start date for April 20th (ironic, no?) I am in my mid 20's and will now be making over 6 figures a year. Persistence is key. I am now on random hair tests so I will not be smoking again until i retire. But I don't care. It's worth it to me. 

I did the method 9 times before I got a negative result.

I hope this helps someone. Thanks for reading. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hey, Mindracer.. I hope you're still active on this account. also, hopefully you had a good first day at work lol

Thanks for being so in depth, it really is a relief to have someone else understand how crucial detail is in this process and how frustrating some of these other forums can be. If you're willing, I'd like to pick your brain since you seem to have done a decent amount of research and I've been doing the same but don't have much time.

I'm in a pre-employment process, I thought I'd have to piss in a cup but it turns out they're cutting my hair. I found out a week ago. 
    Luckily, I figured I'd be drug tested back when applying to jobs so I have a rough estimate that I quit around 2/7/15. since then, there have been maybe 3 slip ups, but definite last session was 3/7.(so I'm giving myself about 65-70 "days clean" (total) but definitely 45 straight). Before quitting I had smoked a bowl or so a night for 3-4 weeks and prior to that had taken about a month off. 

I am also an engineer, but can't say I'm that active of an individual. Fit but not really in shape. 6',175-180lbs. Metabolism is average, maybe a little above. I'd say I have pretty quick hair growth.

Alright, so i've got a week to make sure I come out negative, test is friday, my routine so far has been the following:

sporting a shower cap:
    apple cider vinegar nicely rubbed in (sit for 30 min)
    Clean and Clear Astringent rub and scrub (sit for 30 min)
    rinse hot
    Tide laundry detergent rub and scrub (sit for 30 min)
    Wash out with Neutrogena Tsal 
    Friday, saturday and Sunday morning (not Sunday night)
    I did baking powder paste (30 min) this burnt so badly, but not as badly as not getting employed will. 
    Wash out with Tsal, Tgel, Suave Cleansing.

Today is Monday, I gave my scalp a break for today since I did that method 5 times in 48 hours and have gone through like half of each bottle in that time (is that excessive dosage?). Already experiencing some severe dry/flaky skin on the hairline and ears... don't want to go to the test center looking like a burn victim. 
    Got Paul Mitchell 3 (clarifying) and have showered twice today using that TSal and Tgel and the suave cleansing. 

Basically just doing a standard Macujo method and adding baking soda paste and a lot of shampooing..

My hair is about 2-2.5 inches, got it cut Friday but will cut it again this week before the test.. Also got Zydot for the morning of. 
    Really not trying to bleach and redye my hair, no offense to Jerry G, but that would raise a few too many questions. Thought about going to a salon and getting my hair "stripped" though

Given your knowledge on the subject: with my time being clean and the limited time I have left, how do you think I should proceed?
    do you think this regimen would suffice if I continue it once a day throughout the remainder of the week (test friday), so about 9 applications? I feel like i have a good shot at getting the neg, but what do you think?

3. #3 stonerbonerOGC, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
    Can't believe no one else commented on this thread...seems very informative. But I guess it was a lot of reading lol

4. Hey, just to follow up cause I was frustrated as hell reading through forums and people never returning to say how things went, here is what happened. I will say now that I PASSED!! and psychemedics can suck my dick. 

So i ended up doing the macujo i described above (vinegar, C&C, wash. tide, wash. baking soda, wash) 8 times prior to testing. 

I had read that a guy went to a salon and got his hair stripped, which he said didn't involve bleaching or any sort of change to the hair. When I went to the salon and got my hair stripped they ended up bleaching and dyeing it. So there was one bleach/dye done to my hair though I was opposed to it at first, but I really didn't want to lose this opportunity so I cut my losses there. 

I went to the sauna once the night before my test, humidity helps rid the follicle of THC, and also used zydot the day of, but only did half the recommended time for each step in fear it would wash out some of the hair dye and leaving me with bleached spots.

Company never explicitly said that i passed but it's been 2 weeks and today I spoke with my future boss, so I'd imagine I'm in the clear.
    Remember, they expect you to pass so they won't call to congratulate you.. no news is good news. 

good luck to everyone going through this, it's stressful but just do your research, I was always reading forums while waiting my 30 mins each step, but go about it however you think is necessary. Honestly, I probably did a little overkill considering had as many clean days under my belt as i did but I viewed it as being safe rather than sorry. 

stay positive, things work themselves out.

also, do yourself a favor before doing the macujo and buy some dry scalp conditioner.

5. Nice job passing dude

6. #6 Passersby, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
    First, I would like to say this is an excellent post in that it is very detailed and useful. I especially appreciate his conclusion none of those 'guaranteed to work' bullshit shampoos marketed specifically for passing a hair follicle test work. Save your money. Kudos to MindRacingWhiteGuy for documenting his experience.
    Check out the 510k filing by Psychemedics discussing bleaching, shampoos, perm, etc. and their effect on the test results:
    Psychemedics 510K filing with the FDA
    I would like to caution anyone following MindRacingWhiteGuy's procedure:
    You absolutely HAVE to verify the results. Don't be naive enough to believe 9 iterations is all it takes to get a negative test result.
    I followed this process to the letter no less than 8 iterations and it only dropped my results by 10--nowhere near the dramatic results (halved almost every iteration) seen by MindRacingWhiteGuy. I'm older and have short black hair. Not a power lifter. Quit smoking 6 weeks prior.
    A couple of things about this procedure I question:
    1) Why add bleach, a base, to the T/Sal and Selsum acidic shampoos? Wouldn't that neutralize the salicylic acid in the shampoos? This alone makes me believe that's precisely why it took 9 iterations to reach a negative result. The bleach mentioned here is common household bleach or sodium hypochlorite--not the stuff used in the Jerry G method (which is peroxide bleach used specifically for bleaching/dyeing hair).
    2) Why, in my case, does the Tide Bleach Alternative burn more than the Clean and Clear/Vinegar combination?

Quite frankly, the above procedure didn't work at all for me.

If you're going to try it then spend the money to do this:
    "I also went and spent some money and ordered 6 of those hairconfirm hair tests (Omega labs) so I could both track my progress and make sure that the damn test was a definite negative before going and taking the test that counted (Psychemedics)."
    Do NOT get the standard Hairconfirm tests (results in 5 - 7 business days) especially if you're in a hurry. Spend the extra $$ and get the Hairconfirm Express (results in 2 business days).

I just attempted the Jerry G method without spending any money (read that as order online and wait for it to arrive...yet another delay) on Zydot or Toxin Wash shampoos. If you poke around the web you'll find a post listing all the ingredients in Zydot. Someone then compared with other typical shampoos. The ingredients are nearly identical to more commonly available shampoos. Don't waste your money.
    Summary of Jerry G method:
    "The basic plan is to bleach and redye twice. Use a 40 volume peroxide bleach. Ignore the hair pros and sign a waiver if needed. I think washing out the bleach and the dye with a very strong shampoo like Toxin Wash works best. The second bleach and redye should be done at least 10 days after the last session of herb. If you have little or no clean time, the last bleach and redye should be done as close to the test as possible.

The day of the test make a thick baking soda paste and massage it into your hair. Then do a full TW treatment and then a full Zydot treatment."
    I used Clairol Professional pure white crème developer 40-volume and Clairol BW2 powder lightener mixing 2 scoops of lightener into about an equal amount of developer. Mix enough developer until the consistency is like yogurt or mayonnaise--not dry and clumpy but something that can be painted on. Each application I used a stoneware mixing bowl and two brushes. This is dangerous stuff and you have to be careful. Warnings about sudden allergic reactions and such are printed all over the place. Draped a 33 gallon trash bag over me first with cutouts for arms and head. And, I wore safety goggles to keep anything from getting into my eyes. I did not use gloves although it is recommended.
    Don't laugh but one was an inch and a half bristle paint brush (I had a bunch of new ones in my garage) to paint the mixture onto my hair and the other a fingernail cleaning brush to make sure it spread the painted on mixture throughout my hair and all the way down to my scalp.
    My hair is short and not much left so be sure to mix enough that seems right for your hair. Burned like hell...worse than anything in the MindRacingWhiteGuy's method. I had to stand under a ceiling fan running on high just to get some cooling relief. It turned my hair from black to almost pure--dare I say it--Donald Trump blond in 45 minutes. Washed it out with Tide alternative bleach leftover from previous attempts followed by Pert. Did the same procedure again. (essentially I bleached my hair twice on the same day). Finally, I dyed my hair black using equal parts crème developer the same stuff used to bleach it (you don't mix in the lightener this time) mixed with Clairol Professional Premium Creme 1N Black. Bleaching and dyeing both burned like crazy. In fact, it left chemical burns on my scalp that needed a couple of days to heal. The Clairol products were available from a local Sally Beauty store which also has an online store at sallybeauty.com.
    I'll post the results from the Jerry G method as soon as they're available.
    -Passersby

7. I have no idea why this fucking site won't allow me to edit my own post!

Here's more info on Tide Bleach Alternative: http://www.pg.com/productsafety/ingredients/househ...

propylene glycol is number 5 on the ingredients list and Tide costs less than $20.

Contrast with Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo's so-called "old formula" key ingredient (sold for over $200).

Also, Tide has a pH value indicating is compares closely with Baking Soda (it's a base): https://www.pg.com/productsafety/sds/SDS_2015/TIDE...

With this new information I would recommend some significant changes to MindRacingWhiteGuy's method.

Eliminate step 1 as described above. There is no need to mix household bleach with the T/Sal and Selsum shampoos. It actually defeats the purpose behind using a shampoo containing salicylic acid (it neutralizes the acid). You never want both an acid and a base solution to mix as they'll cancel each others' effectiveness out.

Instead, replace Step 1 with a soak and scrub of the hair using a base solution. In other words, start off with the Tide plus bleach alternative. See other sites for more info. Use a shower cap and let this stay in your hair for 30 minutes. Rinse it out with hot water then proceed with steps 2 & 3 as documented above.

Eliminate step 4 altogether as it involves mixing an acid and a base.

Follow all remaining steps as directed except step 6 and 8 do the following: where it says "T/Sal mixture" just use straight T/Sal shampoo. Same with the "Selsum mixture". Use just the Selsum shampoo.

The general idea is to start with a base solution (Tide) wash it out, apply an acid solution (vinegar then Clean & Clear) wash it out, apply an acid solution (T/Sal) wash it out, apply an acid solution (Selsum) wash it out, then re-apply a base solution (Tide) wash it out, finally apply something to moisturize your hair (Aussie). Of course, each needs to be scrubbed-in and left in the hair for a period of time in-between each step.

This way the acids and bases never mix together!

+Passersby

8. #8 F_the_test, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
    Daily smoker here, dark brown hair, about three inches long at the longest spot. Quit smoking 45 days before my test. Used the method described by Passersby five times, combined with two bleaches with 30v bleach, one perm and about 8 re-dyes (my hair isn't holding color well). Ended up with a gnarly chemical reaction on my neck. But I passed!

9. So heres my info about my history and how i passed my hair follicle test:

Daily/heavy smoker for over a decade up until exactly 30 days before my test. I have very fine, light brown hair. I am male, caucasian, 6' tall, slightly overweight, and have a super slow metabolism.

Aside from abstaining, i did very little until 2 weeks before my test. But here is my method anyway.

Over the course of 3 weekends, i spent ample time in the gym steam room. Up to 3-4 hours over the each entire weekend, using 15-20 minute intervals and rest times to prevent myself from overheating/getting heat sickness. Apparently high humidity is very helpful in breaking down THC metabolites in hair. Im no scientist though, so don't take my word for it. Two weeks before my test, i began using the Macujo method more often. I did the method exactly as described maybe 6+ times total. Aside from this, i used the Nexxus aloe rid shampoo (old formula) as a daily replacement for my standard shampoo for about 3 weeks before my test.

For those who still can't find the mac method: (Cider Vinegar soak for 30 min, Vinegar/Clean and Clear soak for 30 min, 2 washes in a row of Nexxus Allow Rid Shampoo for 10 min each, Tide wash/scrub for 5-10 min.)

The only additional thing i used was a very thick (and frequent) baking soda paste rub and scrub. I did this maybe 10 times for 30 min each through out the last two weeks before my test.

Yes i babble, but heres a total recap of my month, starting the day after i quit smoking, including things i may have omitted earlier:

Week 1:
    No prep for test

Week 2:
    Macujo Method (1x)
    Steam Room 3-4 Hours

Week 3:
    Macujo Method (1x)
    Steam Room 3-4 Hours
    Baking soda rub (4x)

Week 4:
    Macujo Method (2x)
    Steam Room 3-4 Hours
    Baking Soda rub (4x)

Last Day of Week 4 (night before test)
    Macujo Method
    Baking Soda scrub
    Macujo Method again
    Baking Soda scrub again

Morning of test:
    Macujo Method
    Baking Soda Scrub
    Zydot Treatment
    Haircut down to 1/2-1inch

This procedure, along with having fine, light colored hair gave me the chance to pass my test. I still ended up trimming all of my body hair down just in case, as well as my finger nails. The lady who took my sample said my hair was too short, but then when she couldn't get any body hair or fingernail clippings, she settled for the hair on my head. Good thing i did all of that work. I have ALOT of body hair, removal with out even shaving still took almost an hour or two

The test preformed was at a small private testing agency, and was an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) followed up by GC/MS confirmation, and even though my initial test was negative, i was informed that they still performed confirmation, and yet found NOTHING in my sample whatsoever. I know i had toxins releasing into my hair for a couple weeks after i quit smoking, so cutting my hair so short could not have possibly been the only factor for me passing. Something i did helped remove the toxins, no doubt about it.

I hope this help others, whether it be just passing your test, or also help calm your nerves. Macujo/Steam/Aloe Rid Shampoo/Baking Soda/Zydot. Winning combo. Could have been just one, or the whole combination, but why take the risk? Do it all up, pass your test, and keep your peace of mind!

10. #10 Zjayeh, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    Following these methods, testing positive trough hairconfirm at .62pg, actual test is on the 28th, decided not to go to an actual lab this late in the game cause money is tight and i dont have 160$ to get it done at a lab so i can get the results fast. Gonna do about 6 more sessions by the 28th and i also have zydot. Im thinkin i should be good to go seeing as my levels are still very low. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Edit: tested positive at .62 without doing anything to my hair other than cutting it, dont want to mislead

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. How log have you been clean? Testing only .62pg?? Thanks

12. Been clean since Dec. 31st, infrequent/light user. And .62pg per ml/mg of hair (dont remember off the top of my head.) 1pg is the initial cutoff level for the screening, if you test positive at that, you get sent to GC/MS to get exact levels.

13. How much did you smoke the last time? I have basically the same situation as you but I ate one edible 80 days ago and I'm wondering if I should be worried.

14. Smoked average sized bowl, and i Passed my test and now have my dream job.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Most of my journey is in here Drug Test Question? Ask here!

16. Do You think I should do any other treatments? I've done 2 rounds of baking soda-dish soap-vinegar. I'm not sure if I've done enough, but I have read studies that say that edibles don't show up as well in hair tests. Stressin, the test is tomorrow.

17. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

almost 40
    medium build
    light hair
    heavy vaper for years
    I quit about 60 days ago, started the Macujo method 1 week ago.
    I followed it to the letter and about 4 days ago got a 30weight bleach and dyed it back to normalish. Continued with Mucujo starting a full two days after the bleach/dye until today. I sent in a sample after 3 days of Macujo (total of 5 treatments in those days) and the bleaching and it came back clean. I continued on for a few days as the results took a while to come back. WooHoo, should be good! OMG dream job incoming!

Thank you again!

18. You might be in the clear, usually if you dont hear anything by a week or so you're good to go. And i've heard that as well, a lot of it goes out with your daily crap

19. Congrats!!!!!

20. Never been more grateful for the daily crap !!

Commence the praying - took the test today and it was psychemedics ..... fml

I'll keep you guys updated