How I owned the cops, my moment of glory.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by cosmokramer421, Mar 23, 2009.

1. #1 cosmokramer421, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
    Many many years ago, I was 16 years old. I was in a car with a bunch of friends. We had a potato gun in the trunk, an open case of beer with many beers taken out in the trunk, I had a bowl on me, and a friend had a quarter of buds. We were all on our ways home from chilling at a friends house shooting the potato gun. We were all under 18, Being under 18 in our city means we can't be driving around past 12 oclock, which we were.

Well we were probably the only car on the road at the time, and the car we were in didn't have a MPH gauge, so we were probably driving too slow, an easy victim for a bored-cop-pullover. Well we got pulled over, because the cop claimed that we were swerving, I'm sure we weren't. The cop scored big, he pulled over a carload of long-haired males in their teens. Being long-haired males in our teens, we were of course searched. We were all asked to sit on the curb while the cop, called called another cop as backup. I pushed the bowl into the seat cushions of the car, and my friend threw his weed into a mcdonalds cup full of soda. I regreted not bringing the bowl with me as i sat on the curb, cuz i could have easily ditched it behind me. As we were being searched one by one, the k9 unit showed up. The dog sniffed out the bowl as well as the buds. We were informed that if no one would claim whos pipe and weed it was, than the driver would go to jail with a DWI (he admitted he was smoking weed to the cop) , and all the other charges. I admitted that the pipe was mine, and my friend admitted that the weed was his.

So he told us we would be under arrest. And proceeded to ask us questions about what we were doing, where we were coming from, talking shit cuz we are teenage lowlifes that resort to smoking marijuana to have fun, all the usual cop mumbo jumbo. That's when I got sick of him treating us like we are scum, and I gave the best improvized speech a 16 year old stoner could ever make.

I was taking an ethics class, so I had material to work with. I said, and I quote "hey, listen to me, and don't interrupt me," and then i proceeded with my incredible speech, that shocked and awed all my friends, as well as the police who heard it. I told him that we were not harming anyone. And we weren't doing anything that goes against common morals. I told him about a concept called utilitarianism that states that an action is morally wrong if it causes more harm than good. I made it clear that him arresting us would be the immoral thing to do, because it would cause more harm than good. I explained how us having paraphenalia, and marijuana wasn't harming anyone, but arresting us would cause a lot of harm. I talked about how any sort of criminal record will decrease our chances of getting into a good college, getting jobs, and could cause social stigma due to embarrassment at school, as well as how it would change our relationships with our parents. I explained to him how we were all good kids, got good grades, and had parents that would kill us if they found out we liked to have fun and smoke marijuana every now and then. That's when I was interrupted, the cop said "yeah yeah yeah, i've heard it all before, but I'm still going to have arrest you."

So me, the driver, and the marijuana holder were all handcuffed and put into the back of a squad car, while the 2 other kids were put in the other squad car but not handcuffed, cuz they were just being taken to the station to have their parents pick them up, and to get their curfew fines. Well on the way to the station, the police officer informed us that we were under arrest for curfew violation. He told us we all seemed like good kids, and he decided to drop the drug charges, and he informed the driver that he could call his parents at the station to have him pick his car up, so it wouldn't have to be towed. They never checked the trunk, to find the potato gun and open case of beer. Thank god.

My 3 minute long speech made in impact on this police officer. All my friends commented on how great I was at speaking and shit. They all acknowledged that I saved their asses. I truely shocked myself that I was able to get all the words out that I meant to say, and speak so clearly. I'm usually pretty nervous when I talk, and lose my train of thought and shit. But I was talking like a professional speaker. I got me and my friends out of drug violations. All we got were curfew violations. I'm sure our parents weren't that upset for having to pick us up from the police station for curfew violations, they all knew we were out anyways. The cops never told them a thing about the marijuana. :)

I got pulled over by the same Police Officer a few months later for going 65 in a 50. He let me go with a warning. =D

Well that was my moment of glory. I have no idea why I even bothered to type it out and explain it, I'm just bored. Maybe it may help one of you some day.

2. My friend tried to talk his way out of a possesion charge once. He got tazed.

3. #3 Satchel, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
    Shit...your buddies better have smoked you out fat after that one :cool: +rep

At least he had his foot in the door...I was already on the ground after being maced before I started telling them how ridiculous they are. Fuck I was so stoned, "God has taken away my vision...and now I see!....fuck you cops!" :smoking:

4. i tried, and was told "sit the fuck on the curb and shut the fuck up ive had enough of you you little shit" meanwhile all i was trying to say is i wasnt high

5. us stoners are just so logical...
    i dont use fancy words but im a good talker myself.

but nice story man,
    +rep