How I Make Hash

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by unoit, Dec 6, 2002.

1. i know this is kind of old but i love it to much wat i dont understand is the drying of hash how do u dry it and what is the coffee filter for? sorry lil slow LOL

2. What do you do with the other bucket of liquid? and whats taking a hit off a knife?

3. i thinks its when you have a small bit of hash at the end of a knife ...... lit to an amber... an then you slowly inhale the smoke comming of of it... though i could be wrong...

4. thats what I was thinking.... and when you make hash can I use buds? or does it have to be leaf material? I'm thinking I can put the buds through a grinder and bag& freeze them..

5. HIGH All, yup gravy it's the only way I do it. If you have lots of Bud punkyworld....but if it's your only 1/8 I wouldn't do it.

This plant was surpose to be a Bubblegum and has been on Bud now for 100 days and I'll make Bubblehash out of it....couldn't be bothered to smoke it.
    Here it is.

Attached Files:

• shit.jpg
      shit.jpg
      File size:
      39.7 KB
      Views:
  6. HIGH All, missed this one sorry.

It gets scape onto a paper towel, you dabbed it back and forth and it begins to collect...keep doing it until you dabbed it All and then put onto a fresh paper towel and squeezed...you'll see the paper getting wet move it to a dry spot and repeat until the hash starts sticking to the paper...dry enough for me by then.

Others put in the oven or freezer to remove the rest of the moisture, but I can't keep it that long *LOL*.

The coffee filter is for after syphoning most of the water...you don't want to suck up the good stuff. I pour "slowly" untill no water left in the bucket...the filters for a " just in case" don't want to waste any.

I use to just pour everything into the filter...but it took too long. It's much easier to syphon the water out...less disturbance of the good stuff and use it at the end of syphoning.

7. BTW( or by the way for the people who are not as "slang enlightened" as some are)

but knife hits are when u get 2 butter knifes red hot , not full red but just starting to turn, then u dab one knife on the bud/hash/oil and take the other knife put em together and inhale. some people will hold half of a 2liter bottle and havea friend put the knifes together in the pop bottle so that less smoke is wasted.

8. [Editor's note: use Copper pipe, Stainless Steel, or Glass ONLY for your extraction tubes. Avoid ALL plastics, brass, steel and galvanized steel pipe - these materials can contaminate your oil & make you sick.

All types of extractions should be done outdoors or in very well ventiltated areas. Take safety precautions - no smoking, wear eye protection and gloves.]

Nugg read this post at cannibus edge about making hash oil from butane. There were ideas of running it through some pipe with little holes drilled in the end, piping it into a pepsi bottle and capping it... They called it honey oil or hash oil...

Nugg calls it THC TAR.

Here's the idea, for informational purposes only, purely theoretical, as an expression of the 1st Amendment of the Constitution of the United States. The author cannot confirm nor deny whether or not test monkeys have gone ape shit or not over THC TAR. This is Nugg's paypack to Cannabis Edge for giving him the idea...

Parts:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 - 5" section of end-threaded 1-1/4" diameter PE (polyethylene) or PP (polypropylene) pipe. Due to health implications PVC should not be used!

2 - 1-1/4" threaded end caps

1 - 3/8" brass (cold temperature) elbow twist-valve

1 - Butane lighter refill nipple (~1" in length)

1 - 5 minute epoxy dual-tube syringe

1 - Roll of teflon tape

1 - cotton ball

1 - Butane refill can Note: Some butane fuels are cleaner than others. Be safe and choose a butane fuel that has been recommended for jet torch or flameless lighters. Recommended brands include Colibri Butane, Prometheus Butane or Dunhill butane. They seem to be the cleanest and work better than others. Additionally, It's recommended that you never use Ronson Brand butane or most of the other brands normally found at a drugstore.

1 - ounce of plant matter, dryed, loosly broken apart

1 - square flat pyrex dish

Tools:
    1 - Set of drill bits
    1 - Drill
    1 - Hammer
    1 - Neddle nose pliers

Assembly:
    Step 1: Getting the Butane lighter refill nipple out of the damn lighter.

Staring with an aluminum butane torch lighter assembled with tiny screws. Take the thing apart. Break open the plastic butane storage tank with needle nose pliers. Carefully remove the refill nipple. The one used here was 1" long having a tiny little hole at the very end. That's were the butane goes through. This piece is cruicial for success.

Step 2: Epoxying the refill nipple into one end cap.

Drill a hole in the center of the end cap just slightly smaller than the nipple peice. May need to 'wallow' the hole a bit to get a snug fit. Using hammer, tap the piece gently in the hole. Carefully expoxy both inside and outside to permenantly seal it.

Step 3: Epoxying the brass elbow-valve into the other end cap.

Drill a bigger hole to fit the valve in the other end cap. Right in the center. Same process, make sure its a snug fit, tap it in. Epoxy inside and outside to permanently seal. Be real careful here, go slow as to not get epoxy inside the valve.

Step 4: Alow the epoxy to cure 24 hours.

Just have to wait. Maybe watch TV, or internet. Music is good too. Probably want to get some sleep and eat something. Sleeing in a bed is better rest than in a chair or couch, it's your call here.

Step 5: Wrap the threaded ends with *alot* of teflon tape.

Build up a layer of tape maybe 2mm-3mm thick. Very important for preventing leaks. Wrap around, I dunno, maybe 2 dozen times? Trial & error if necessary. Do both ends.

Step 6: Put brass-valve end-cap on.

First, put a *loosely packed* piece of cotton ball in the inside of the valve. Try blowing through it with valve open to make sure there's air flow. Thread this end-cap on down tight!

Step 7: Dump in 1-ounce of plant matter.

What ever you've got laying around will do. I'd recommend trying differnt kinds of plants. What you put in determines what you get out. You'll be amazed!

Step 8: Put Butane-nipple end-cap on.

Thread this end-cap down tight!

Step 9: Pre-cool the EXTRACTOBOMB.

Run a little butane through. A few short blasts, and let it evaporate, thus cooling the unit and plant material. Don't worry too much about waste. Just cool it. (hehe)

Step 10: Fill the EXTRACTOBOMB with butane and let it sit for 30min - 1hour.

This is the whole purpose of all the above. To let that butane sit and soak in this closed container. If there's leaks, you'll hear them. Try bearing down on the end caps. Once you get it right, the butane/plant will slosh around inside completely sealed.

Step 11: Open the valve and drain.

The liquid just dribbles out with a little gas preassure. Nothing at all spectacular. Empty in a pyrex dish. Allow to evaporate. Clean dank reside is left.

Step 12: Repeat Steps 10 & 11

Hitting the pyrex dish gently with a hair-dryer cleans up residual butane/foam leaving...

THC TAR...

Attached Files:

9. Uniot!

what seed company was the bubblegum cause mine is nirvana

10. HIGH All, the seed company was Canadian Medical Seeds which is a rip O.F.F.F. and what was surspose to be BubbleGum was no doubt shwag seed from whatever plant they used.

11. how do you go about syphoning out the water?

12. HIGH All, my hose I use (yes I know it needs a cleaning) just put it under the surface and suck till it starts to syphon....keep it near the top so you don't suck up the good stuff on the bottom.

Attached Files:

13. i know that you use a hose, but what do you use for suction your mouth or some kind of pump?

14. i imagine just by mouth, hey that hose looks like the type you'd use to steal petrol....lol.......o.k. unoit, just give it back and all will be o.k.........Peace out..........Sid

15. 1 more question how much mid grade bud would i need to make some hash.

16. HIGH All, anywhere from a oz to well...the skies the limit.

Hey sid if you use that for a Mexican credit card...man your gas takes must be pretty small *LOL*.

17. hey i drive a mini.....lol........Peace out.......Sid

ps didn't notice how small that one was....lol

18. useing this method can you leave the second bucket after water goes throught the pantyhoes can you just leave this bucket in the fridge for a couple of days so that all the hash sinks to the bottom meaning you lose less in the 2nd bucket when you syphan it, well that was a thought i had once i get me plants i think after i flower them ill make hash with the males :) can you use male plants to make hash as soon as you know their male or should ya wait for them to get more potent?

19. Excellent method Unoit! It was quick, easy, and the hash produced was better than I expected. I'll be doing this with all my leaf from now on.

20. HIGH All, the longer it sits in the fridge..you'll get more but it'll be less potent. Males did a few and mine go back into the compost.

Here's some from the Bud leaves.

Attached Files: