How I Keep My Roor Bong Clean

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Jesse Pinkmen, Sep 6, 2012.

1. How I Keep My Roor Bong Clean

I purchased the ultimate bong from ROOR - Official eShop and Website - 15th Anniversary Limited Edition roughly 3 - 4 yrs ago. They suggest to purchase the roor alcholol cleaning fluid which I did but found useless.

The bong I purchased is a water bong with a downtube 18.8mm and a rush hole.
    The height is 12-14cm straight down. This is how I clean it and it doesn't destroy the glass although this glass bong is made in germany & holland at 1800 degree's. I have hit it off the delph sink quite badly, luckily due to the strength it was made at i didn't chip the delph sink - lol, such is it's strength.

This is how I clean it

Bought a bong stopper, this goes into the downtube hole
    stuff toilet paper / kitchen paper into the rush hole
    fill the bong to the top with a boiling kettle
    let it sit for 5 mins
    empty the bong
    get a dishwasher tablet and break 20% of it into the bong
    fill with a boiling kettle about 1 cm under the rush hole

shake, shake, shake, tee-ara, shake it all da time,shake, shake, shake, tee-araaaa, shake it all da time for about 1-2 mins.

dishwasher tab is great, it's designed to wash your dishes, eg - glass and removes tar in 1 minute & doesn't scratch my expensive glass bong as Roor says it does.

the downtube and head go into a measuring jug filled with boiling water from the kettle and another 20% of a washing up tab, leave it sit for 5 mins and wank it up and down in the jar, this will shake the enzymes which eat everything including tar up and down your downtube and head.

rinse everything with cold water about 4 times and smell the bong until you are satisfied there is no more smell of washing tab.

you will now have a beatuful clean water bong
    you are welcome

2. #2 Wiggibow, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    using rubbing alcohol and salt and shaking it around would be much quicker and easier than all that. Also less dangerous because putting boiling hot water right into your piece could crack it

3. ^this. using 99% iso and heating it slightly up in the microwave makes the whole process even faster

4. I've never thought of the microwave, but I usually mix the alcy and salt with some warm water from the sink. Epsom salt if even better because its much coarser than table salt and takes longer to dissolve, but table salt works just fine

5. I personally wouldn't dilute the rubbing alcohol because it will make it less effective. Epsom salts are good for the tube but not as good when it comes to cleaning the downstem and diffuser because they are a little too big

6. I find that filling my bong to the brim with peanutbutter and jalapeño cheddar squeeze cheese, slow roasting over an open flame, followed by a quick blast in the washing machine leaves my piece gleaming spotless.

7. [quote name='"showt1me"']^this. using 99% iso and heating it slightly up in the microwave makes the whole process even faster[/quote]

Iso in the microwave??? Sound very dangerous and flamable

8. Buy a carbon filter to keep it cleaner for longer. I've never used them but heard great things about them.

9. I can vouch for that

10. You're probably right about the ease of use part, but one thing that I am rather curious about with dishwasher tabs vs. ISO...do they also provide the benefit of eating away the hard water stains?

I've tried vinegar mixtures, some known bong commercial cleaners (Grunge-Off, 420, etc.), ISO up to 99%...nothing really takes away that light haze of hard-water stains.

I'm thinking (or more hoping) that dishwasher tabs will help with that particular aspect.

11. Don't be a pussy, seems legit.

12. you would think it would dillute it, but i've noticed that 1/3 rubbing alcohol and 2/3 hot tap water is exactly as effective as if you just used pure rubbing alcohol. Conserves your alcohol too so you don't have to buy a new bottle every two weeks haha

Aslo I always used epsom salt in my downstem, the grains aren't any near too big to fit into a downstem unless yours is like pencil thin for some reason

13. hard water stains are from WATER haha
    you have to either use purified water, or wipe them off by hand with a soft cloth to get rid of them

14. How does one wipe off stains in the bottom of the base on the INSIDE of the bong?

15. I have a carbon filter, they're crap. Instead of a nice bong hit in 1 you have to suck it twice.

Once to fill the carbon filter with smoke, the second to suck the smoke from the filter into the bong and hitting it.

it also made my hits taste weaker so I don't use it anymore.

An another thing, they make the bongs top heavy and they fall over, although this would depend on what height your bong was and the weight of the carbon filter.

16. You are correct, a boiling hot kettle of water could crack a "normal" glass bong but not a Roor glass bong which are made at 1800+ degree's
    They are also thicker than most other bongs making them very very strong

17. the carbon filter makes your bong top heavy? lol wtf kind of bong and filter is this?!

also boiling hot water in a bong is a horrible idea.

and big thing i dont get: how the fuck are you shaking up boiling water with your hands? you use special gloves too? the heat would transfer in the glass so fast the entire thing would be boiling hot.

18. Like I said my bong prob isn't the correct height hence why it's top heavy when putting the filter on. I let the bong steep in boiling water for 5 mins, pick it up at the top with a towel and empty it, once emptied I fill it up again with boiling water 1 cm under the rush hole and put another 20% of a tab in.

Because there is now no water above the rush hole the glass cools quick enough. Then I just shake the boiling water up and down with the tab in it and it removes the tar around the rush hole and up in the downtube space.

Then it's all rinsed with cold water, read my orignal post again, it's all there.
    The bong can withstand the boiling water without any probs, I've been cleaning it this way for years so I know. The tabs are great as they're designed to clean your dishes in a dishwasher including glass, the enzymes from the tab literally melt the tar and it slides down to the bottom of the bong and comes out when you empty it.

It's great because you can buy dishwasher tabs in any supermarket, this method will have it sparkling as new in 10-15 mins.

The downtube and head go into a measuring jug except steep for longer, then they are both shaken up and down separately in the jug.

Roor bongs are hand made by zee Germans, we all know zee germans don't fook around. The glass is also made out of pyrex meaning it's microwaveable and dishwasher safe !

but nonetheless I wouldn't stick it in a dishwasher or a microwave

19. Wouldn't putting cold water in a bong that just had boiling water in it... like.. shatter it?

20. Will using hard water damage my ROOR bong? or will it just leave those water stain things?