How I get my CD's for free!!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by skiihigh, Nov 11, 2008.

1. There is only two things you need to have in your area to be able to do this

1. a place to obtain used cd's for free
    i get my cd's from our town recycle center, every once in a while a box shows up with all them good ole oldies.

2. A cd store that accepts used cd's for cash or credit.
    if you have a local bullmoose music store then you are in luck, yesterday i got 49 dollars in store credit so i bought a cd (El-P _ Fantastic Damage) and i asked for cash back (they take 25% for cash back) so i ended up with 30 dollars for doing absolutly nothing.

the best part is that they give you good deals, the money adds up quick and you only need like 30 cd's to make a good profit. also bulllmoose accepts old video games which if its a good game can pay out really good.

2. CDs are so...Fred Flintstone. People actually still use them huh? I'm an old guy and have been on the mp3 digital music tip for years now. Great way to get some free music but, Limewire is much better. (And way easier.) IMO Much Love.

3. oh straight up dude, we are a select few. i love having the actual cd's of my favorite artists. i like to know who produced what and what went into the making of that cd. Not to metion that i prefer not to steal music from artists i like. i dont buy mainstream ever that in my opinion is a waste of money but man i love all that underground shiiiiit and all of the money goes to the artist and producers. and its also a a good way to learn about new artists because of what they write in the booklettes.

4. some people, myself uncluded, like actually having a cd and owning that piece of music. that could be something to do with the fact that im a musician but i say to each there own. i use limewire and buy cds and this is a good idea, + rep to op

5. Yeah it would be horrible for you to "steal" music from your favorite artist. Just think if they had to give up the gold toilet in their new multi-million dollar mansion. That would just be a travesty. And I've been sharing music since the 60's. What a gangster I am. To each is own I guess...IMO Much Love.

6. wellthats why i dont buy mainstream. the artists that i buy are usually part of the underground movement. no huge budgets, they are not in it for the cash they do it for the love of music. they spend hours upon hours producing (underground producers too) and making their music, the least i can do is not steal there shit.

7. how much money do you think musicians make? i can tell you know its nowhere near as much as you think. cd sales are basically useless theses days and most music acts make most of their money from live shows. being a musician is a full time job and i can guarentee you that aslong as this guy doesnt listen to madonna or briteny spears then his favorite bands dont make all that much money.

8. Point takin from both above posters. I for sure think musicians should be well compensated for their hard work and dedication to the art. Kinda came off as an ass, and it has nothing to do with either of you or your opinions. More just me being a butt munch grouchy old man. Sorry. Much Love.

9. haha nah its all good, its not a rare argument ya know? i diddnt take it as you bein an ass just a difference in oppinion. peace man

10. no worries mate, and who syas arguments always have to be a good thing, aslong as its not hurting anyone then whats wrong with a healthy "discussion".

11. You guys are both awesome! Thank you for overlooking my...assholeness. You both have very valid points and my rude response was not justified.

hippyflip67, you are a gentlemen and a scholar! I can only hope you give me a chance to make it right. (I really need to stay away from the forums before my morning smoke session.) Much Love.