Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How hot water and ice hits work

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Userman, Oct 26, 2013.

1. many people think that hot water hits are a joke,but they really work here's why:
    lol it's chemistry basics, the water vapor reacts by attaching itself to water soluble vapors making them less concentrated, you could say that hot water hits are like pouring a shot of vodka into a glass of water and then drinking it vs cold water hits that are like a shot of vodka, that's because nitrogen and oxygen(the two main gasses that make up the air we breath) don't react with the smoke.

Btw guys never use a hot water and ice combo, all that's going to do is make your hits super dry and you could lose a small amount of thc(5% or less). the water vapor will bond with the smoke like i explained and then the ice will  super cool the water vapor laced hit causing the water vapors to condense and stick to the  ice, leaving you with a super dry hit.
    the reason this dosn't happen when you smoke with cold water is because their is only a small amount of moisture.hence ice has no noticeable affect  so the hits quality stays the same, but the ice still makes it colder making it smother.
    an ice combo would work if you first cooled the smoke than ran it through a hot water chamber.
     Also hot water vapor hits work better if you use a diffuser stem.

hope this post will shed some light on the lost art form of hot water vapor hits and educate all of you enough to try vapor hits, you wont be disappointed 

2. Thx for the info. I'm still confused tho, hot vs cold hits, which are smoother? I've hit bongs with ice water and it's awesome, never tried just hot water.... Sorry I read ur post twice I'm just ignorant I guess haha

3. Hot water is significantly smoother than ice. But it feels weird to me personally.

4. Like steaming hot water or just warm water?

5. huh,... might be worth a try, just want to make sure the water isn't too hot though, lest we crack a bong...

6. I use hot water ALL the time. I love it, sooo smooth.  And when you have a cold or something it helps clear your shit up.

7. You made no sense op...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. So is it better to use hot water or? And why?

9. Never thought it had anything to do with chemistry, I just liked the way the hits feel soft and smooth with warm water.

10. Ima try it tomorrow. I get the concept but I won't know until I try.

11. Uhhhhhhhhhh, all I'll say is one time my friend and I were taking waterfall hits outside, and it was freezing cold, so we used hot water in the bottle instead.  The hot water didn't cool the smoke down, so it was super harsh and made my friend throw up.  We put cold water in, and the water cooled the smoke down, making it a super smooth rip.

12. OP you're obviously very knowledgeable, but that post was just far too hard to read.

Use sentences and punctuation, dude!

13. My favorite way to smoke is tea filled bong hits. I'll even toss the tea bags down onto the ice catcher for added flavoring.

14. Haha hot water...i think that would defeat the reason of my ice catchers and wouldnt hotwater be alittle..idk harsh?

15. Why would u choose a shot of vodka in a glass of water over a shot or vodka?

Sent from my Desire HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Right?

Gen4

17. All I know is very warm water fucked up sent me rocket tripping a few days ago. I'm about to do it again to compare.

The ice is routine to me now, just a smooth ass hit. Gotta say the warm water made it humid and less tastey/nice to me but way more potent.

18. I dont think thats how it works...

19. Yea I guess last time I just took a huge rip

20. Thanks for the info, though there is too much science in this thread for me.