Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How has marijuana affected you phsyically? (Weight wise)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bego, Sep 15, 2009.

1. #21 Nathan, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
    I gained 15 pounds the past month after I picked up an O. Haha, I only notice a little extra neck fat than before. Oh well I started exercising like crazy again today (4 times a week 2 hours each I'm a swimmer.) That does not include weights and playing sports with friends. So I'll lose all the fat I gained and hopefully turn that 15 pounds of fat into 15+ pounds of muscle instead of losing it all together. I went from 150 lbs on Aug 1 to 165 on Sept 16 haha.

2. im with you on this...

good weed makes me want to drink copious amounts of water, and also makes me avoid shit food. bad weed leads me to cookies but i swear i've been the same size since i was 14... 5'3 130... i feel like a dropped a couple pounds over the summer (being more active..out and about) so im not sure on my weight...but i feel great..strong and healthy.

3. I weigh the same now, as I did when I was 15... And that was 11 years ago... I didn't start smoking until I was 17, and didn't start smoking daily until 19... MJ hasn't had any affect at all on my weight.

4. all i did the entire summer was smoke, eat, and drink, and somehow i lost like 3 pounds. dont know how that happened.

5. #25 Nathan, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009

Muscle weighs more than fat, so maybe most of your muscle turned to fat. Which is probably why you did. Thats not the weight you want to loose though.

6. I went thru a period in my life when I was about 21-22 years old where I would get stoned all the time with my roommate and we would play video games and get del taco because it was literally right around the corner. Too easy. I ballooned to 210lbs and I'm only 5'11. Now I'm back down to about 180-185 and my body is mostly composed of muscles. I still have some belly fat to get rid of but that's pretty much it.

Marijuana helps your metabolism speed up, that's why you hear some rumors about it burning 'calories.' I also believe that's why it seems to help you maintain your weight. Maybe this is another reason why the gov't wants to keep it illegal, in order to let the weight loss pill manufacturers to profit.

7. Gained 27 lbs last year, stopped smoking for 6 weeks, lost 15. Weed makes you gain weight like a mother fucker, no regrets.

8. well.. it hasn't actually affected my weight.
    if anything it makes me healthier.
    when i'm at home, with nothing but an empy fridge with healthy food nobody wants to eat, my munchies force me to eat that healthy food.

also, kottonmouth, makes me to drink whatevers around, generally being water (cheapest/free). and we do need our water!
    though my kottonmouth has gone down since i got my tongue pierced.

9. Ive actually been losing weight strangely enough...I went from 6'4" 210 to 6'4" 190 in about a year :confused:

Its fuckin weird cause I get crazy munchies.I can tear through some food when Im baked.

10. i have high metabolism, but still smoking weed shouldn't really effect your weight even with munchies

11. Well no weed doesnt, muching out and being lazy does tho...

I go to the gym 5 days a week, im trying to fit in time to jog and swim aswell.. And i bodyboard.. But im a big fat lazy boy haha 6foot and 220 pounds... Oh and im very strong =] Like an ox... WITH SUPER POWERS!

12. I'm not sure how it's affected my weight.

I used to weigh almost 300 lbs (6'1) about 6-7 months ago and I finally had enough of that BS. It was mostly residual weight from my drinking and heavy eating days. I gave all that shit up and decided to change my life. I'm about 215 lbs now and I've been smoking dank the whole time. I don't think the dank helped with the weight loss but it does help me eat a lot of protein after a good workout - I don't mind munching out after a strong workout - the muscles need that energy. I've been using this method and I continue to see weight loss and muscle gains so I'm sticking with it.

13. Actually it has destroyed my appetite (when im sober) due to me smoking daily for the past year.

With that said, for most people as long as you take frequent breaks and eat healthy when you get the munchies, you should be fine...

14. i feel you bro. i'm 5'8? and wiegh like 110 max.
    super high metabolism.. i cant gain weight at all, and i'd relaly love a full meal every 2 hours haha.
    when it comes to weed and i munch out however.. i dont even gain the weight, just looks like i have an alien baby in my stomach the next morning haha.

15. I'm 5'10 and weigh 180 lbs. Before i started my massive streak of blazing almost every day( and most often 2+ times a day), I weighed 170. In 3 months i gained 10 lbs. The munchies is the biggest problem that i succumb to. I'm a nonstop eating machine when high. Sucks that I don't have the motivation to lose weight and look better.

16. I've lost weight with marijuana smoking, i'm a heavy 5+ times a day smoker and i never wanted to fall into the Munchy abyss. I regulated my eating while i was high so i could A. preserve my high without wasting money on food, downgrading my high for a nice meal. and B. i never wanted to put on the weight.

I weigh 135lbs and i'm 6ft maybe 6'1.

17. last year i'm pretty sure weed made me gain weight because all i would do is blaze, eat, and sleep. over summer i lost about 15-20 pounds and i'm at that point now. i still blaze a lot, but i work out almost every day at the gym and i haven't gained any weight this year.

18. i'm cursed with slow metabolism...and weed ALWAYS has me gaining 5+ pounds. (or losing 5+ when i take the occasional break). BUT it does make working out more fun. So even though I'm heavier I feel better overall, and am probably healthier.

My partner is 6 feet 130lbs (at the most!!) and he has no appetite w/out smoking. Loses weight when we have to take a break, and feels generally terrible because he's hungry but with no appetite.

We always wonder if his inability to eat would be enough to get him a med. card if it were ever made legal in our state.

he'd waste away without it!!

19. i eat more then fat people, and im skinny... im just naturally fit.. its awesome!

20. I lost a lot of weight from smoking habitually...I just didn't eat often after smoking, it works wonders

I also never wanted to kill my high by eating..