Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How has cannabis "changed" you?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by lunarpig, Sep 8, 2009.

1. :hello: Hello folks im tito. and for the last year or so i have been the e-fly on the wall reading everything i can on the gc learning and what not but now i wanna talk and hear from you guys for a change.
    (Ok focus stoner!)

Before cannabis i was the run of the mill kid: sports, band, class, summer camp yadda yadda. Loved video games wanted to make em for a living (sounded nice) thought Ford expeditions were awesome, and could care less what mpg was. Left my air conditioner running for days at a time even when not home and loved going to the ciy (NYC)

Now? none of that really matters like before. Focused completly changed from me to her (mother earth)
    Now I have a vegetable garden that's only getting bigger every second i have left the idea of college completely to the way side and I am eagerly looking into farmhand work in the spring (WOO FARM INTERNSHIPS!!) looking into my own solar panels and wind turbines are next on my list. i have basically lost faith in this system and want to live in harmony with the world (people) and earth my own way.

*** Reason for the "changed" in title is because i personally don't feel pot can change anyone.Simply let them finally do exactly what the f*ck they wanna do

Yes im a lil stoned :smoking:

And yes this all started with cannabis:wave:

how bout joo?

2. i dig what your saying.

i love how it has changed me. way to many things to even begin to list.

but so far, all positive.

:wave:

3. marijuana in all of its awesomeness has had its share of negative effects on me. First off when I first started smoking soon after I gained alot of weight from eating too much and became really self conscious and paranoid.

however, after 6 months of really sticking to a diet and excersising I lost 25 pounds, and I'm in the best shape of my life.

Except, the paranoia has persisted. Currently I'm kind of going through a germaphobia stage, which has leaked into my smoking. I was really paranoid about my last pickup having or getting mold. It had none whatsoever but I was really really really freaked out about it. So I gave it back to my dealer and I'm currently not smoking right now.

Other than that, the effects have been rather good. Its opened my mind up to alot of different ideas. Its made me cherish life so much more, and its opened my mind up to so many different ideas (I won't go into them now.) Its made me interested in music and all of its glory. It really showed me how much I love art and currently I'm in an art college.

Overall, I'm happy that I started smoking weed. I'm not sure I would have liked the person today that could have become if I didn't start. Its had some negatives but its all been for the better, and I wouldn't change those things because it would change me.

4. Weed has changed my life in soooooo many ways, i cant imagine how my life would be different if i never started smoking, i dont even really wanna think about it because it makes my head hurt:smoking:

5. It has helped my self esteem and my outlook on life a lot. Helped me see that my ideals, ambitions, and dreams are worthwhile and to never give up on them.

Also, if I feel convicted to speak up about something, instead of holding it in like I used to, I just put my opinion out there and don't worry about what people will think about it.

6. It has affected my life in both positive and negative ways. I'm less motivated to actually pursue a career, it's true. But I also connect with other people in ways I would have never had without pot. I seriously am very introverted and usually am very cold towards people. But thanks to marijuana, I've managed to break out of my shell permanently, stoned or not. In addition it has been inspirational in my artwork which I am highly thankful for, as it has turned me onto different stylistic sensibilities.

It definitely changes everything if you do it all the time like I do.

7. #7 koggit, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
    I'm not really a seasoned toker... but I thought I'd chime in anyway since my response will probably end up being unique in a sea of glowing mj endorsements. I was / am in the top 10% of my class (currently junior) in one of the top computer engineering programs in the nation with a [redacted] GPA, on a full ride. MJ has definitely had a negative impact on my academic drive. In a way it's a plus, I used to be a lot more stressed and high-strung, I'm more easy-going now, but I see my GPA falling and miss the days when I'd rather spend 80 hr/wk on homework instead of turning in something that I knew I could improve. Now, I settle for good enough. I was on track for magna cum laude before, now I might not even get cum laude.

It's not really a sob story though - I'm just as happy as I've always been, but I'm pointedly less productive. And I don't even smoke much, maybe an eighth a month.

8. The good herb has helped me in so many ways man.

Mostly in the social aspect of my life. I started gaining a lot of perspective on how certain people were affecting me, both negatively and positively, which helped me realize who my real friends were.

9. Weed has definitely made me more aware of things around me. I can think things through on a deeper level than before. It also has provided a new activity that my husband and I can enjoy together. We love smoking a bowl together then watching a movie, playing a video game or just taking long drives.

10. I tend to go one day at a time now that i smoke chronic daily. im a little lazy but i appreciate things more, and i find i can see things in other people that i couldnt before.

11. Honestly before smoking i was an A plus student now since 7th grade when i started my grades have def been alot lower then that now im a senior...im not one to say weed has made me dumb but it has definetly made me lazy enough not care as much about school

On the other hand before i smoked i was very quiet and shy but now im social and outgoing totally different and feel like i can get along with just about anyone so blaze thatt shitt up hahaaa :smoking:

12. It has changed me in so many ways they can not be listed. For the most part, they are positive. I found that one just has to control themselves with self-administration of cannabis.

13. I have the most laid back/relaxed personality I've ever seen.

14. before bud- very childish outlook on life
    after bud- more logical and mature thinking and outlook on life plus im alot more chill it really helped my anger problem..so really bud just made me grow up

15. Indeed. If I'm pissed off for almost any reason, 9/10 times when I smoke I gain, I would have to say, almost a third perspective on the subject, giving me a much smoother outlook on things.

16. It made me more relaxed than I already am, which is unbelievable, but at the same time seemed to of made me less social, so I limit my smoking to once or twice a week because I found when I abused it everyday I tended to not enjoy it as much as I do once or twice a week.

17. Wow my situation is disturbingly similar to yours man where did you decide to get an internship to?

18. im new to gc so this is my first post. ive always been advanced for my age, in school and in life. My experiences made me grow up fast, but i used to be REALLY stressed. agter i started smoking weed i didnt let the world dictate how i felt. Weed has improved my life greatly. I tink ive had such a good experience is because I CONTROL my high. I DONT let in control me. So i just smoke and go about my day! LIFE IS SWELL! :wave:

19. yeah it just makes me way more relaxed in my everyday life, even when i'm sober. Like, before I was really uptight and would get upset at the smallest things. And now I can actually take the time to calm down and chill out.

Although I started smoking in high school, probably when my hormones were all weird so maybe I would have relaxed eventually anyway.

Whatever it hasn't made me dumber, though, my grades improved a bit as I started smoking more.

20. Well, I started smoking when I was fourteen.
    Before - I was unmotivated, Had no interest in day to day activities, Wasn't the happiest person in the world, and kind of socially awkward.
    Now that i toke - I want to do more with my life, I constantely have the urge to create, very happy with life, My eyes are much more open to the world, I see things from a brand new perspective, And i'm still socially awkward, but not as shy :D
    I can't remember the last time i went over 24 hours without mary jane, and i barely remember life without her. hahahahahahahahahah :bongin: