Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How harmful is weed to the lungs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MeAndMaryJane, May 11, 2011.

1. yes but the context of his statement is obviously regarding smoking it, so it is bad for your lungs; when smoked. just seemed a little pedantic to reply the way you did, peace bro!:smoke:

2. Use bongs
    Use vapes

Harmless to the lungs. Bongs do a little damage, but all smoke does is paralyze cilia. So use a vape or bong.

3. OK, since apparently many of you are being too lazy to actually read the facts on my List. I'll get you started!
    Smoking Pot, Cigarettes Ups COPD Risk (news - 2009)
    [FONT=&quot]Smoking Pot, Cigarettes Ups COPD Risk[/FONT]

"When COPD was clinically confirmed though a diagnostic method known as spirometric testing:
    • The incidence of COPD among participants who smoked cigarettes alone was 2.7 times higher than among nonsmokers.
    • The incidence of COPD was 2.9 times higher among participants with a history of smoking both cigarettes and pot, even after controlling for other risk factors for the pulmonary disease.
    • COPD risk among people who smoked marijuana, but not tobacco, was slightly higher than among nonsmokers, but the increase was not statistically significant."

No Decrease in Pulmonary Function Associated with Long-Term Cannabis Smoking, Study Says (news - 2007) (the title says it!)
    Illinois NORML - No Decrease in Pulmonary Function Associated with Long-Term Cannabis Smoking, Study Says

Marijuana Water Pipe and Vaporizer Study (news - 2000)
    MAPS - Volume 6 Number 3 Summer 1996 -

NORML -MAPS Study Shows Vaporizers Reduce Toxins in Marijuana Smoke
    (news - 2001)
    CA NORML Health Information

Why not click that first link in my sig and save me all the trouble of digging all this up to educate you kids! EDUCATE YOURSELF! :yay:

Granny :wave:

4. Do cloves even get you high? Like at all? I really don't think they do anything.