Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How harmful is weed to the lungs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MeAndMaryJane, May 11, 2011.

1. NO RETARDED ANSWERS< JUST SERIOUS ONES

Okay, does anyone know if there is that bad shit like tar in weed?
    And if there is, what if i grow my own, will there be "bad" chemicals in it?
    One more thing, i like to smoke cloves when im short on weed, i get the cloves from my local supermarket, is there any shit in cloves?
    I use a bong, so will that filter out all the bad shit?

Lmao

2. Any smoke is harmful to the lungs. It is why people cough after smoking.

3. Weed is bad for you lungs. Inhaling any type of smoke will harm them to an extent.

But it is nowhere as bad as cigarettes.

4. cigarettes are shit, hate them

5. If it smokes, and you inhale, it's bad for you. Marijuana is way better for you than tobacco, though.

6. DON'T SMOKE CLOVES YOU STUPID KID. CLOVES ARE WAY WORSE FOR YOU THAT POT TO SMOKE. SERIOUSLY.

You're not going to find much pot with pesticides. Growing pot is very controlled in most cases.

You're still smoking, so it still hurts the lungs, physically. Vapourizing just irritates it. THC is a lung irritant, particularly in asthmatic people. I read it in a study.

Anyways, smoke hurts the lungs. That's obvious. And the pot irritates them. But if you go about a month vapourizing instead of smoking, your lungs will feel really refreshed. I know from personal experience. I smoked about every other day, and then started vapourizing daily. And my lungs healed themselves. It's a fact, found out by me. Nobody else is going to do our studies, so WE have to do it!

Smoking with cigarettes is different. they drop fertilizers all over the leaves. And it just so happens that tobacco's best commercial fertilizer happens to have a radioactive ingredient. Yeah. Radioactive fertilizer, all over the parts people smoke.

In addition to that, tobacco is in the nightshade family. Nightshades are highly poisonous. They are so poisonous, people thought tomatoes were poisonous, and nobody even attempted to eat them for hundreds of years. Tomatoes are in the nightshade family too, but we don't eat the leaves because they're bad for us.

Anyways, tobacco smoke is WAY worse for you. People who smoke know this. It's also highly addictive, and many want to stop but don't 'want to stop'. You know? No? Whatever.

TLDR; Pot is safe to smoke but not constantly, you need to leave space for your lungs to heal and breathe. If you take away the smoke, but not the pot, vapourizing does no long term harm to your lungs, so you can do it as much as you want, even constantly.

In fact, pot smoke clears out if you vapourize for about a month. For me, a month is relative to 2-4 times a week for 3 or so years. Do you guys get that this is a big deal? No radioactivity = lower chance of cancer. You'd have the same chance of catching cancer as someone who ate charcoal regularly (or charred food). And for those of you know don't know, people do that. In fact, it's recommended by Les Stroud to eat charcoal for an upset stomach. That's Survivorman, for those of you who don't know who Les Stroud (Survivorman) is.

Then, giving you lungs time to recover and clear out the burnt plant matter (causing the bronchitis) is easy.

After a month or so, depending on how much you smoked and how often, you have completely cured the physical effects of smoking cannabis.

/\ Read this, for your own good. I'm smart.

7. damn, that must have taken a shitload of time to write. anyway, why exactly are cloves bad, its just prure, ground cloves, nothing else?

8. #8 BlowingOs, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Bongs filter 75% of harmful stuff. And the worst thing that can hqppen from smoking weed is cronic broncatis (which just means u cough more). Someone correct me if im wrong. Also id suggest not growing since it seems u dont know much about green lol.

9. Weed doesn't have tar in it on its own. Its smoking that produces tar. Growing techniques don't change what happens when the weed is burned. If you're really concerned, just learn to love vaping.

10. #10 BlowingOs, May 11, 2011
    And u smoking cloves just means ur a retarded fein. This is why weed cant be legal. Retards like u that get addicted to something u cant physically get addicted from.

11. Theres no way bongs filter that well. They may filter out some shit, bong water does get nasty. But 75 percent that sounds really really high.

12. 70-75. Espicially if u have a good bong with perks.

13. lmao yea people say i have like a 13 year-old mind, but whatever, fuck them, im just curious as hell about things. :D

14. #14 ProfessorDANK, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    cloves essentially paralyzes/numbs the cilia in your lungs, which lets the tars and such from the cloves do much more damage to ur lungs then even tobacco would.... cloves are absolutely horrible for you

15. #15 BlowingOs, May 11, 2011
    A lot of ppl are curious. Doesnt mean u have to act dumb.

16. lmao.
    Percs wouldn't matter.
    Once it goes through one section of water, it takes out all solid particles.
    unless weed bits fly :eek:

17. I agree with oldschool, that number is fucked. There is a post about this with accurate numbers. Search for it, I believe it's somewhere in that shittily-titled thread "bongs are bad."

As for the cloves, they're not too good for you, there is a lot of information about this if you just google it. It wouldn't be the pesticides or anything if they are organic, it's just that some plants are more harmful to smoke than others. I have a huge collection of herbs that I smoke now and again, sometimes in cigarettes and sometimes in a spliff with ganja. Mullein, for example, is one of the least harmful things to smoke and is a base for many of those "legal smoking blends." In fact, if you have a lot of mucus in your lungs, mullein will help clear that out.

18. #18 HeBrEwBeAr, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011

fuck off weed is addictive phisycally not chemically so sit back down and if i need more retarded answers to questions ill pm you first

please do not disrespect the members..
    if you cant disagree without saying fuck off..
    then hit the back button and move on

Slinger

19. #19 BlowingOs, May 11, 2011
    U look up info on a pothead forum i look at college studies...

20. It's not phyically addictive.....