how hard is it to move from america to a country in europe?

Discussion in 'General' started by jimboob, Jul 12, 2009.

1. say i wanted to move to a european country for my own personal reason's, how hard would i be to find a place to live? (doesnt have to be fancy at all) is it alotta money? do i have to wait or something?

these may be stupid questions but im 18, i still don't understand the whole proccess of moving out of my parents house.

2. I would say that you have to find a job in advance, as well as go there and find a place to live. Then I THINK the nect step would be to get a work visa so that you can live and work in the foreign country until the visa expires. I know that with most, if not all, European countries there are work visas, student visas and maybe something else?

I don't know how long you're allowed to be in any European countries as a visitor before you have to make some type of immigration arrangment. You shouldn't expect to be allowed to work without citizenship, though.

3. is it that hard to get citizenship? ...sucks im starting to feel like im stuck here...

4. damn...after kinda looking into this its harder then i thought....damn.

5. Stay in the US and get a college degree, then make that choice.

6. Yea, I looked into it but gave up, it was too hard. They have all those entitlements and taxes they pay in Europe, I suppose they make it hard so you're not mooching.

The easiest/best way is to do some semester abroad through a college, check it out.

7. yea i know, im not immediatly jumping into this, i just got really depressed over the way certain things are, and how those certain things probably arent gonna change here in my lifetime. seems a little better in europe though...ah well....

8. A friend of mine did this last semester. Got to go to New Zealand, seems like a pretty awesome thing to do. I might be doing it first semester of 2010.