How hard is it to grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dave spinn, Jan 14, 2009.

1. hello all, I'm contemplating on growing cannabis, and i was wondering how hard is it to do so, i was looking to get the best outdoor seeds, would anybody like to help me out? and please be honest, does it take a lot of skill, or effort?

2. Yes it takes both skill and effort and a good light source. My first grow attempt was FAIL because of poor lighting. Also, this is not an adventure with maryjane, you are in the wrong forum for the question you have.

3. The more you put in the more you get out.

4. not very hard. it takes time, and responsibility mostly.

5. if you know what you are doing? Yea its pretty hard. Takes time, space, effort and knowledge. If you have all of those things you could do it pretty easily.

6. not that hard, but look at the growers section. there is so much information and people who will help you that its hard to screw up if you put in some effort. try it out, if its not for you then youve learned a valuable lesson

7. fuk that its not that hard make sure its the right time of the year to plant ,germinate the seeds ,and put them in good soil , and keep them watered it the soil is dry 1-2 " down ad water slowley ... its not nearly as hard as people make it out to be yes you can over complicate thing with foumulas ,ph, nutreints and all .... but i sucefully grow 10 plants per year outdoors no nutes or anything and average 2lbs PER PLANT ! not not BS either High mids/Heads

8. #8 Leapfrog, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
    The hardest part with the most severe consequences is NOT to tell ANYBODY

...not even your best friend/girlfriend, wife (yes wife!) etc. ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 32 oz per plant?:confused:

10. It's not difficult to do as long as you know what you are doing. The more research you do, and the better equipment you buy, the better your results will be.

11. Some big plants. :hello:

12. If you don't have a PHD in botany, then don't even bother.

It is the hardest thing any human being can do.

It takes more brain power than all of us have combined.

If your IQ isn't above 200 then I would suggest you find another hobby. ;)

13. Big? You mean absolutely massive.

I'm tempted to call BS, is it even possible to have a single plant yield 2 pounds of bud? I know there are some BIG outdoor plants, but that seems ridiculous.

14. its true... how did any1 ever grow it before commercial fertilizer and fluorescent bulbs were invented? i believe they actually created the plant around 10 years ago in a lab :p

15. No it's not.

2 lbs is pretty much standard with certain strains, some yield much more (up to 4+lbs)

Here is just one out of a few 2lb strains:

http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/kiwi-seeds-2-pounder-2706-p.asp

16. I second this. I have a few buddies who got some info on other kid's plants and snatched them. You might think the person you are telling can be trusted but I say unless you trust them with your life then don't tell them.

17. they call it weed for a reason

18. No problem - now you know what to grow, especially since you are in Florida.