How hard is it to grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MrOneHitWonder, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Title says it all I would just grow 3 plants max. What all do I need to start and how much bud would I get off three plants. Also is it expensive I'm trying to find an alternative to smoking 20 dollar bills all the time.

Thanks in advance.

2. Dude read through the forums for a few hours and everything you need to know is in there

3. dude it's a plant.

4. So basically your day throw it in some dirt with a grow light and give it some good air ventilation and water an ill be fine. I've been reading through the forums and it all sounds confusing.

5. Growing cannabis is pretty easy.

No one can tell how much you will get off three plants, it depends on too many factors.

6. What's the most you have ever gotten off one plant?

7. A higher number of plants only shortens your veg time, a good grower can get a gram per watt of light with one plant or 10. I wouldn't try to grow 3 plants with anything less than a 400w HID.

With a few exceptions, we all built our own setups and did our own homework. No offense, but it sounds like you haven't done a fraction of the reading you need to do. Come back with a plan and we'll critique it. I'll give you a hint... start with how much you want to harvest, not how many plants you want to grow. Then choose the light that will support your weight, tent that will support your light, fan that will cool the tent, etc etc.

8. I would like to harvest at least an ounce. I plan on making a grow box using computer fans to circulate air through the box I was just going to use a few fluorescent light bulbs or a couple 120 watt grow lights. Anything else I should cover? Sorry if I make no sense.

9. Mate.. if you smoke, it is worth it for sure... I dont smoke but I find this is very interesting..

Anyway, first you need to decide on where you going to grow. Tent, Box, insight or outside. After you figure that, just focus on that kind of build up.
    I prefer the tent but it would be up to you. Just let us know what you go with and we can take it further mate.

10. That's pretty much it man.

first step is germination which is the easiest.

seriously though, plants haven't needed us for a long time! All they need is a little guidance and that's what we're here for!

11. Just so you know i just set up my first indoor tent,and by the time you buy everything from pots to,timers,cords,powerstrips,regular fans,inline fans,soil,pots,ductwork,ducttape,fittings,nutes,mylar,reflector,bulbs,chains to hang light,ph tester,ph up,ph down,filters,etc, im well over my budget for time, and money say the least.But once you get all that shit and stabalize the enviroment growing is the easy part.

12. Indeed Galactus.. I am at that stage where I can just enjoy to watch my ladies grow :)

13. Very nice, for that I'd do one plant under 6 bulbs total (23-26w). Maybe a 3 gal container, 1.5x1.5 scrog... might pull 2 zips and a few grams of hash.

14. Will do thanks for the help.

15. Let me post something a little different.

Yes, pot can be easy to grow. However, if it is so easy to grow why do most people start growing and then quit?

Because for a lot of people it is just not worth the effort.

I wish you luck, but IMHO growing good pot for the beginner is really not that easy.

16. I'd like to say the problem with growing is its illegality and towards the end or even when reaching flowering sometimes grows get rampant and smell takes over and you just HAVE to stop because of others noticing or other problems. it's happened to me before.

17. I can see that happening, but naturally you have to spend more money to buy ozone generators and crap to take care of that too ....

18. I'm honing to start of with Reggie's until I get it down then ill move up to the good stuff that way I'm not wasting good seeds.

19. Honestly, don't start growing till you have a semi-nice setup. I started with 2 13w 6500k Cfls and regret it for it was a waste of 2 seeds. I have shit ventilation right now but I'm in the middle of a grow so I just have to deal with it as I can't afford a new fan. Really think about it before you start, and if your lazy do a guerrilla grow, definitely what I plan to do in the spring instead of this inside growing. Good luck

20. There are a lot of ways to deal with smells. Proper ventilation and exhausting through a carbon filter is one of the easiest. I made my own carbon filter and it works fine, no smell outside of the room at all.

You need to make sure that you are pulling air out of the room with your fan(s) instead of blowing it in. If you pull the air out, it creates negitive pressure in your grow room. This means no air or smells will leak out, if you have air leaks, the air is actually pulled INTO the grow room and exhausted through the CF.