how hard is it to be known as someone who makes beats?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by pieman615, May 15, 2009.

1. hey everyone well i recently have realised im really good at making hip hop/rap beats really gangsta beats hahaaaha. Anyway pointt is if i get a really good program and make some good beats how can i slowly be known?

oh can anyone provide me with a small free beat making program name? i really need one at the moment haha

2. See: Scott Storch

3. As far as programs go, there's fruity loops and Sony acid pro, uhh there's alot more I just can't remember them right now

4. Yeah fruity loops is good. Post up your results when you do something.:)

5. yeahhh sure will :)

6. yeah i want to hear some shit, i am a lyricist myself.

7. yeah everyone when i get fruity loops and when i get the hang of it ill show you guys

by the way people have said that i should be a dj lol when i try to mix songs and all thatt shittt.

oh also i get this craazyyy feeling when im making a really crazy beat

8. Coool man, I hear ya. It's so easy to just get lost in the rythms. BTW if you don't have any beatmaking programs what do you use at the moment? Decks? Twin casettes? Beatbox?

Just idle curiosity.

9. People who can lay an mp3 over another mp3 aren't DJs. Also practice, practice, practice and maybe your skills are worth an MPC.

10. ive been at peoples houses and used a program, sometimes i just start hitting shit and i get a good beat

11. I'd say its pretty hard.. There are loads of people posting their work on the internet . Probably all about advertisement and who you know.

12. fruity loops is wack.
    go with reason 4.

13. Ya I'm sure it's hard as fuck. I wanted to do the same, but I just couldn't ever get it down, I think Fruity loops is a pretty shitty program (good for starting though) but I couldn't ever find out what the pro's used.

Once you get a couple of good beats, I would make a myspace and try to get your name out there. And post a link to your page or send your beats to like every artist you could find (on their myspace/website/email whatever you have to do) then you can say you made beats for that person and it grows from there

14. thats really smart thanks for the help ay my friends gunna give me fruity loops for now. I can understand how hard it must be haha shit but how sick would it be to be known just for making beats what an easy life.

15. when i looked at the title of this thread i thought you were talking about the food "beats"

hahaha was i the only one?

16. Don't listen to hip-hop/rap very often?

17. hate it with a passion

18. hahah wtff :p

19. You can get any of those programs for free (just not supposed to mention torrents on gc)

And ya I know, I've run that scenario out in my head 100 times, just chilling in a nice house, puffin mad blunts, makinbg tight music, just chillin with rappers freestyling....

your makin me wanna start again.

20. You mean beets surely? Not tryin to be a spelling nazi, but that's hilarious.:laughing: