Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How hard is it for a 19 year old college freshman to get medical marijuana in CA?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by emmalh2373, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Ok so if a 19 y/o girl from the east coast went to CA to UCLA could i get a prescript for one of these things? I have insomnia, and i have had trouble sleeping since i was really little. This is true it runs in my family. Some nights it takes me like 6 hours to fall asleep so i don't sleep! and weed makes me tired. also sometimes when i'm stressed i restrict food, and weed gives me the munchies and lets go of my stress. i think i've been diognosed with insomnia the doctor offered me a prescrip for sleeping meds but i said no. i've never been diognosed with anorexia but i could get one i bet because my doctor has questioned me about my weight sometimes. ok so how hard will it be when i'm out there? I'll say something like, for my whole life i've struggled with severe insomnia and anorexia coming in phases of really bad stress which usually resolve once my stresser is gone. But moving all the way across the country and with a new college and more classwork than ever and struggling to have a job and meet new people they are coming back. I'm more stressed than ever, and weed is the only thing that helps it. But i don't want to have to obtain it illegally because that will add to my stress level. (mind you this will probably be true, but does it sound good enough to get me a prescrip? See i do have that, and i like weed, so i was thinking if i go to CA that be nice.

2. I'm not 100% sure on what is a qualifying condition in CA, you should look that up, but if you have medical records, it only strengthens your case, I've heard you can get your card without being a resident of CA, but I'm not sure how true that is, usually, you have to be a resident of the state.

But here's a link to a website that should help you out:

Medical Marijuana Program

3. It's not. It's really easy in fact. There's plenty of places around LA to get a card. Walk in and walk out in 20-30 minutes. That being said, if you want a card guaranteed, gather some sort of "evidence" or proof that you have insomnia (past medications).

Also, go to Venice Beach for cheap pieces but don't get your card there. That's the best advice I can give you.

4. It's easy to get a card in Cali if you have nothing really wrong with you/have no medical records. Google kush doctor. He's on venice beach. Go to him. Tell him you have insomnia. Receive Card. Go to dispensary. Cop plants. Grow. Smoke pounds of dank.

5. Don't you have to have previous record of whatever illness you claim to have?

6. Don't you have to be living in California to receive a card?

Edit: Posted and read post above, proceeded to read them back to back in the same exact way in my head. It sounded annoying :eek:

7. #7 GodGaveUsWeed, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    She said she was going to UCLA so technically, shed have to live in Cali

8. if you got $100 and tell the doc. a couple of your symptoms.then you have a Medical card...that easy no joke

9. getting a card in cali is as easy as getting a boner in the morning.

i had a friend move to tahoe from vermont for the winter and he got his card with a vermont id

10. then its a bogus card...achieved via FRAUD on a few levels. :mad::mad::mad:

read up on the laws/rules in the area you will be living at, do NOT game the system just because it happens (scumsuckinggreedyarseholes are out there, setting back the movement to mmj for other states by doing this, don't add to the problem!):confused_2::confused_2::confused_2:

CA mmj basics;
    be a resident, proof of such with proper state ID
    have a qualifying condition and medical records related.

simple stuff really...if one or both of those two easy things have to be faked...you do not qualify.:cool: