how hard is chemistry?

Discussion in 'General' started by BUDDAMUNK, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Never taken a chem course (unless you count basic science) in my life, but I want some cool shit to study when I go to college. Would I stand a chance or is it a shot in the dark?

2. I took it in high school and enjoyed it. Comparatively, the only college level classes I've had to take were zoology and biology.

3. It depends what you are good at, chemistry is tough but doable. My brother has his masters in biochemistry and molecular biology. Think hes going to get a job in a lab somewhere.

I have always wanted to go for chemistry also, something ill look into.

4. Lots of calculations involved. Not my cup of tea.

5. Basic freshman chem is super easy. I'm taking an AP chem course right now and its a lot harder but easily doable. Organic chem is hard as fuck and all calculations. Take psychology, way more fun imo.

6. Dude totally take it! You may love it.

7. harder then a catholic priest in boy scouts

8. [quote name='"Hopglock"']Lots of calculations involved. Not my cup of tea.[/quote]

Yeah honesty I've seen some of the calculations and they look confusing as fuck. I'm terrible with regular calculations, god knows how I'll do with all the Ph, Co, Ba mumbo jumbo. I don't consider myself stupid, but like I've mentioned numerous times. I'm terrible with numbers and calculations. Fuuuuck, I knew I should have been a better student :laughing:

9. It's quite easy infact if you enjoy it. I got into chemistry and my view of everything completely changed.

10. i got a c+ in organic chemistry in college. first c of my life. its hard as fuckk

11. [quote name='"Mudd"']i got a c+ in organic chemistry in college. first c of my life. its hard as fuckk[/quote]

Inorganic is a lot easier let me tell you..,

12. do your homework and study and youll be fine

13. how hard is chemistry? you got to actually give a fuck about details and guidelines if you wanna excel in that shit.

14. whats the main difference between organic and inorganic? based on the material you learn

15. Organic chemistry deals with, well, organic compounds, which are compounds that contain Carbon (with the exception of carbides, carbonates, carbon oxides and elementary carbon.) It deals with their reactions, their reaction mechanisms their synthesis, naming, etc. Inorgnic chemistry deals with inorganic compounds.
    Inorganic chemistry is the chemistry of all the rest of the elements on the periodic table.

16. too much math.. tooooo much math.

17. A good place to get a start on very basic chemistry and do a good deed at the same time, is freerice.com! :hello:

Freerice.com

This is a GREAT site to introduce your kids, or younger siblings to! It empowers them to know that they, all by themselves, can save someone's life, and it also improves their grades which can build self-esteem! :yay:

In the computer lab at my school, there is a banner saying "Play FreeRice.Com". We have an African "sister-school", so the idea of sending rice to famine-struck areas is very real and personal to our kids!

Granny :wave:

18. oooomg
    FUCK chemistry
    shit was hard as fuck
    only class i failed in high school
    and i still think
    fuck that shit...

19. Lots of calculations. they aren't exactly hard but they can get very lengthy. You also have to memorize a lot of stuff.

20. Chemistry is awsome.
    Doit.

Hopefully your ban isnt forever buddamonk... :(