Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How good are vapes at masking smell?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by GoodVibesOnly, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Question is pretty straight-forward. I live with another person, so smoking in my house is always a struggle. I do it out my window in my room and have never been caught, but it stresses me out.

A lot of my friends keep telling me to invest in a vape because it masks the smell so much. One of my friends even said I'll never have to open a window (I find that hard to believe). 

I've also seen that high-quality vapes are mighty expensive, and I definitely don't want to blow hundreds of dollars on a vape that isn't really effective. So I ask you all...  How effective are vapes? Like, are they just marginally better than other smoking devices, or do they seriously not emit any smell? And if I end up buying one (which I will if their effectiveness is what my friends make it out to be), are the ones priced at $100+ just a rip-off, or will I only get a truly good one at that price? 

I'm basically just looking for more info regarding vapes, specifically about smell. Ultimately, is it worth making a big investment on this? 

Thanks ya'll.. and as always, happy smoking

2. Living at home with your rents still? Go with the mflb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 Johnny Blazed, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    vapor def doesnt stink up a room and linger like smoke

check out da buddha you can get one on amazon for around 150 and its a very high quality whip vape

4. I say MFLB too. When I lived with my parents and they didn't know I smoked, I would always vape at night and not do anything at all to cover the vapor/smoke whatever you wanna call it. And when I'd wake up there would be no smell at all. 

5. Depends on the vape but I have the mflb and it is perfect for stealth as long as you dont rip it to hard and die coughing. The vapor itself is almost odorless and what smell there is dissipates within a minute, the majority of the smell comes from opening the lid and the weed inside, and from your fresh weed when your loading it. But thats not really that bad. In other words in a room with a candle or some air freshener and you wont be able to tell anyone has v aped after a few minutes. The smell doesnt penetrate into other rooms like smoke does too.

6. I can vape with the mflb in my bedroom with the window shut and it doesn't really smell much tbh so would say they are pretty good in my experience.

7. i have the gpen dry herb vape and it doesn't smell like weed but if he knows what a vape smells like he may figure it out but the smell goes away pretty fast

8. they are good.  You still have to be careful but the smell isn't as much of an issue as smoking is.

9. Thanks guys for the suggestions. Does the mlfb use a lot of batteries?

10. I would vape in my room all the time and blow the vapor out the window. The smell with the vape seems to go away much faster and it doesn't smell nearly as potent. On top of that you can get more stoned off smaller amounts of cannabis so a vape is a good idea and I like mine a lot. Get a good tower whip vape or go all out and buy a volcano if you have the money.   

11. It comes supplied with 2 rechargeable batteries. A single battery fully charged should be plenty to get you high at least once.

12. Pretty damn good, my cousin used a portable one right next to me in a car with the windows up. I thought I would be able to smell it full on, it was actually very light and went away fast.

13. Its best to charge after each trench but you could squeeze 2 trenches if you dont have power for the charger. Its really not a big deal, if Im home I just put the battery on the charger after I'm done with it and its done in a little while. It comes with 2, I would buy 2 more of the mflb glyph batteries for $10 so youll have 4. That will be enough to always have one charged, as long as you can charge. 1 trench is ~.1g and is usually enough to get high, twice if your tolerance is low.

14. I have an arizer solo vape and it's really good, coming from smoking joints or bong bowls I'm surprised at how much weed you can save. One bowl can you pretty toasted if you have good weed haha. As for smell I just smoked some right beside my brother in my living room and he said the vapour doenst smell like weed at all lol

If you smoke in a room with an open window and a burning candle the smell will be gone within 10 minutes.

15. I second the recommendation for Da Buddha. Solid construction, trusted company, all around great vaporizer. The mflb looks like something I could've made in shop class, which is why I opted for Buddha. Sorry can't advise about smell, as I can barely smell anything  I have to agree that vaping uses a lot less weed than smoking - a big plus. 

16. Vapee can stink up room especially if you have a high end vape like a surfer. The smell is not like smokeing an easy to contain the smell.

17. #17 TrillArab, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    Just get some airflow going and you should be straight

18. I probably wouldn't get a desktop vape if your trying to be stealthy in your house. Definitely go portable.

19. I have a Pax and it doesn't rly smell, it smells a little on the highest temp setting. I have no trouble secretly smoking in my house with it. Highly reccomended

20. I've vaped my mflb and if you hold your hits for a few seconds then there's virtually no smell. I've vaped in my room, window closed and my mom came in like 2 minutes later and didn't say anything.