how fast would it start to stink after turning fan off?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by weedtime, Feb 4, 2010.

1. I actually dont have a problem using a small 4 inch fan for use with a carbon scrubber, to get rid of odor, just the fact that i would have to turn it off for an HOUR MAX if we had showing all of sudden. our realtor calls us ahead of time to let us now the day and time of the showing. so, would the space or room the small grow would be in, start to stink up fast enough in a n hours time frame? the people spend no more then 5 min in my "basement room". i dont even know if all of them open the door to where the grow would be, but.

what if....what if i waited until right when they showed up? we usally go in the garage and the walk around for about 15 min. so when they rang the door bell i could turn the fan off, for lets say, 15 min max. do you think i would be ok? would it stink up fast again?

thanks!!

2. Best bet on this one is to just test it out..Turn the fan off and go upstairs for 15 mins and go back down and check if it smells. If it does smell you might have to consider a lighting candles or something maybe get some Ona Gel

3. oh yeah i forogt about the ona gel stuff. they have that at my local shop. i wonder if i get a couple jars of that stuff, and put it in the closest where the grow cab if it will get rid of small odors while the fan is off for a short time.

i of course will have a bunch of crap, in the way of accessing the grow cab, unless you move everything out. would take 5 min at least. i dont think anyone would want to do that. i know for a fact this place wont sell either. is that ona stuff very effective for short bursts?

4. You are selling the house and have people visiting that will want to see ALL of the house...and you want to grow weed while this is happening....:confused:

5. that is correct

6. but there is only like two showings a month, if that.

7. Cball is right on that one...but I dont need to know why you're trying to sell. I've never tried Ona Gel for myself but everything I have read about it on here and its website says it works nice

8. Risky Brother, I am viewing houses with my wife now and I want to grow so I am checking every inch to find best spot. Reward vs Consequence. Kinda your call tho

9. thanks for the advice

10. Do you have anywhere inconspicuous outside you can stick them? Either that, or your car or something. Sounds pretty risky if it's an illegal grow. I know that if I was buying property, and when I'm touring apartments, I'm all up in every closet, checking shit out.

But yeah, if you have to do it, get some ONA and do some test runs.

11. I have the same problem im renting a place well only for 2 more months and my landlord comes by like once every 1-2 months & i have to turn the fan off & my aquarium pump better to be safe then sorry

I wouldn't be so concerned with the smell it wont stink up ur house if there's no ventilation blowing the air outta ur room. i would be concerned how hot is it going to be in there if you have to turn of ur fan for an hour or so. unless your landlord was coming by when ur light s are on its off cycle for 4 hours or 12 hours whether ur vegging or flowering

12. it wouldnt be for even 4 hours. it would be for like 20 min