Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How fast will it take to get your medical card?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BlueDream4Ever, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How long will it take to you have the medical card in you hand so you can go to the dispensary and buy?

2. I don't believe you actually need the card to go in. What I mean is, when you go to the doctor and get your rec. he'll give you a piece of paper and you can use that paper to go to dispensaries until your card comes in the mail.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

3. So I could go to the doctor, tell him I have back pains, and he'll test me and if he thinks I need it, he will give me the paper?

4. From my understanding yah. But I mean I don't live in a true medical state, just info I've gathered from here.

Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge than me will come.

5. what i did was walk in the doctors office, filled out paper work, gave them my info: drivers license and such. did not give any medical records. went to the doctor, he asked me questions, told me stuff about weed, how long i smoked, why i need it. etc...
    so then i got it the same day. took about 20 mins.

6. Basically you will go to the doc. He will sit down with you, talking about what your concerns are. As you said back pain, he will do tests like a regular everyday doctor. Check your breathing, do a few tests, nothing extreme at all.
    Then if he and you decide the best treatment path is MMJ, he will get on his computer. Make you a piece of paper that says you are a medical marijuana patient, that has been evaluated and recommended do use of the substance listed.
    You will sign it, he will, and you can take that into any MMJ shop in your state, that I know of, and enjoy your new medicine.

7. They just give u a pice of paper that has been notarized and u are good to go. U dont need a card. They just give u one do u don't have to carry your paper work around.
    Also with the back pain it really doesn't work like that. U need to get a evaluation from
    A real dr. That dock will want to give u pain pill. U show the weed dr your pills and then
    U will get it for that.

8. same day, if you have a qualifying condition in California.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.