How fast will it start to bloom?

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by damntheman, Aug 4, 2003.

1. I am just starting to grow. I wanted to know how long it will take for my plant to start blooming. I have it planted and all ready going, i just dont know how long it will take until i see some results. Can anyone help me out?

2. Are you using any HID lighting?

if so, type and watts?

In order for it to start flowering, you have to switch its light mode to 12 hours on, 12 hours off.

3. the light im using is a 60watt foural i think. i just turn it on for the time i want it on then turn it off. i am broke as hell so i gotta keep it simple man. so i gotta put the light on for twelve hours at a time, then let it rest for another twelve hours? i can do that. any other suggestions? im gonna line the inside of my box with foil or put mirrors in there. thanks for the help man.

4. Hey man
    Don't bother with the foil or mirras they will not reflect the light properly just give it a good coat of white immulsion paint that'll do sound.

5. aluminum foil does work, if your on a budget and cant afford white mylar.

Just make sure you put the dull side of the foil out, or it'll create hotspots.

6. Oh, and you can start flowering (setting lighting to 12/12) as soon as your plant is 12 inches. Though, the bigger you let it grow before flowering, the more the yield. From beggining of flowering to the end, the plant will double its size. So if you start it at 12 inches, at the end it'll be about 24 inches. and you know to harvest when basicly 70%% of the pistils are red.

7. disregard the harvest tip.... its not accurate.
    (harvest when 70% of hairs are red?) wtf? there are a lot of variables involved, and the ripeness of the flowers is determined by the color of the oils present inside the trichromes)

rule of thumb: bloom plants at least 8 weeks to assure ripeness.

WHEN YOU THINK ITS DONE, WAIT A WEEK.

8. No need to be an ass man. I mean it's one thing to give constructed criticism but that was pretty rude. And maybe he said hairs by accident? People sometimes smoke weed and make mistakes. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. Maybe he thought the grower wasn't very experience and said "hairs" because newbies sometimes don't know what trichomes are. Smoke some weed and calm down friend. :bongin:

Grasscity Deals Near You