How Far to Keep light away from plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Johnson215, Aug 18, 2019.

1. 1602BB4D-9257-4D0D-A0BA-A01F560706A0.jpeg 87DF9B98-6024-4E61-8A97-9029EBED5D13.jpeg Hi, first time grower here. I have a 1000watts led light and wanted to know how far away from the plants should the light be?

2. I’m pretty sure led lights can be a lot closer to your plants

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. So far right now it’s 28 inches away

4. How are the plants reacting to where it is right now? If you so desire.....you can drop it 2 or 3 inches every couple of days until they start fussing.....if you are determined to get it as close as possible.......but remember the plants will be growing and getting taller, putting them closer to the light every day

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Also with led lights, there’s not a standard distance. It varies so you would want to go by the manufacturer height recommendation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That light isn’t 1000 watts

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Try 29 inches

• Like Like x 1
  8. 5B1F9B29-9D41-4F33-8CED-DA19FD7241D4.png

9. Yes it is.

10. [​IMG] not to burst your bubble but if you go down to the description it says otherwise

11. It’s a marketing technique

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Smh, does this mean I need to buy another light ? I’m a new grower and this is the first grow. Wow smh so what does this mean?

13. Unfortunately yes. Just add another to that one till it dies or use it just for veg and get something better for flower if you have the $$. Looks like a good set up otherwise. Nice looking plants

14. Yeah it’s a ok light for veg or for one plant but if I were you I’d look into quantum boards

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1