how far light distance from seedling

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by JaKobtheKushMan, Jun 27, 2013.

1. hey guys i have seedlings that are under my 400hps duel spec light (there 1st day) just wondering whats the optimum distance they should be to prevent over streaching coz 1 is already 2"/3" long..??? thanks any help appricated ")

2. C'mon guys !!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. 15 views and no comments c'mon GC someone plz help me

4. #4 Julius Caesar, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    You don't want to use a HPS for seedlings. You will burn them up or stretch them - there is no middle ground for plants that tiny. You should use CFLs or T8 or T5 @ 6500k and get them within 2" - 4"

5. Av used it sevral times before so i think ur talking rubbish there fine under a DUEL-SPECTRUM suited tae any stage of growth they have dun exellent before so wits the problem ??

6. After begging for someone to respond you call the only person who does rubbish - yes this is a great way to get help. Take the time to spell correctly. I have no idea if you are lazy, hurried, or just plain mentally challenged. Good luck.

7. Haha ur funny its this fone am using i wiz just saying u dont really know wit ur talking about i was asking for light distance help no a lecture on lights n ur the one whos mentally challanged if u dont know that u can use duel spec and u can use lights as soon as they pop the surface go away n practice what u preach !! LMFAO

8. #8 kayakush, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    i use 23 watt cfl 6500k bulbs for my seedlings...two is enough....if you are gonna use the hps i would keep the light higher and put my hand near the seedling to see how hot it is.  if your hand gets too hot its too close

9. I do practice what I preach you non-spelling moron.

10. Fuck off ya wee yanky dick i already knew the answer to my question i was testing the form tae c if it was dead n its as dead as osama's head.! Amature faggot..! This form died a long long time ago..!!!

11. Okay guys lets calm down. No need for arguing and name calling.

OP, really CFLs or T5s would be best. If you want I can give you my setup which was over 100+ watts which is enough to get seedlings started and cost me under $30. They cant stay under there too long but it's nice to start them.

If you are set on using the HPS the do what kaya said. Put your hand on top of the plant, palm down and back towards the light, if it starts to get really hot then you are too close. But really man its going to be a couple feet away and they most likely will stretch. If you have $30 to spend I can help you out.

12. Hate to tell u OP, I was going to respond, but Caesar was spot on. HPS is not very good for seedlings.

13. well it's worked before and they are loving it soo whatever man i've had fantastic results chunky fat plants with great harvests so it does work for seedling !!! JC take a long look at urself u sadact