how far from light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by toker14, Jul 13, 2009.

1. i have some seeds of this high grade mids. It is about 3 days old, an inch high, and planted in miracle grow organic choice which is working well. i am using a 100 watt cfl. how far should the light be from the plant?

Attached Files:

2. as close as possible without burning the seedling. use the back of your hand as a guide..if it's hot on ur hand it will be for the plant too.

get a fan on it to keep it cool also........

3. i have a 125w CFL and 4 23w CFLs on my 3 plants...the 125w is about an inch away from the tops...CFLs arent that hot...they can be on ALL day and you can touch it without even burning yourself...but ya what he said if you feel heat on your hand, its tooo hot for the seedling.

but put it as close as possible to prevent stretching. and yes...put a fan on him...itll make the stem stronger...but dont have it where the little one is hanging on for life.

4. ok thanks guys in the second picture about where the light there is a fan to the left.there is good air flow through the whole thing but it might be too high up. what do you think?

5. :hello: i've 12 25w cfl's=1500w (24hr light cycle) over a plant sitting no more than 3cm/1 1/4inch above plant, doing extremely well, about to put under sunmaster 400w/hps to flower, will post pic 2moro :wave:

6. what about watering? ive been watering like a tablespoon amount whenever it looks like its getting dry. a friend said you should almost drowned it with water. im adding miracle grow house plant food to my water does it have any affect? and does the water amount help?

7. I assume by "100w CFL" you mean you have a 23-26w bulb? Do NOT go by the equivalent watts, that is meaningless for MJ growers.

At 3 days old start with that CFL about 4-6 inches away, over the next week move it gradually closer until you are within 1 inch.

Do not feed until it is 2 weeks old.

Your friend is basically right, you don't drown the plant but you do water thoroughly then not at all until the soil is dried out a bit. In fact, if you give your plant a little bit of water at frequent intervals that is a more likely way to drown the plant by keeping the roots constantly soggy.

8. As toasty said...... total watts not equiv.

supermix- You are only pushing 300watts of power:smoke: not 1500!!!:rolleyes:

More people get confused by........ sorry...........misled by brilliant avertising gimicks!!!