How far from Fluros?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bigtee212, Apr 17, 2006.

1. I found some in my garage, but the problem is they are old and dont say the watts anywhere. They are under a hood, there is 2 of them paralel and they are about each 4 feet long. If I could just get a general range of how far my plants should be from them that would be great. (Asumme they are lower wattage then higher, I doubt there would be some 400 watt fluros in my garage for no reason.)

2. Fluros are a cool light you can get real close with them and if it has a hood it could touch it without any problems,Maybe buy new lights if you can $10 for a few new ones.Also search the forums i bet you can find a few post like yours,Im a new member and searching the forums has help me out alot.

ROCK THE SMOKE

3. Fluoro tubes are very cheap, I advise buying new ones that you know are what will work best. A 2-pack of 4-footers is about $7 I think.

Plants need to be about 2-3 inches from fluoro tubes. Any closer and the leaves could get light burn and any further they may not get enough light.