how far does marijuana smell travel?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by wakeupbakeup, Sep 5, 2010.

1. gas station was outta little pipes, i broke my pipe. we are smoking like 2g of bud. if i blow it into the a/c thing outside that blows air up will that get rid of the smell?

2. It travels one thousand miles.

3. Travels far, Literally i just stepped outside to go to the store and someone was smoking on my block and it traveled 1 huge block down to the store where i can still smell it.

It travels alright

4. Well, the speed of sound is 343 meters per second, so the speed of smell is probably close to that. Thats pertty far

5. 4 years ago, when I lived in a different place, my neighbors who lived about 150 feet away
    got some really strong smelling weed. We happened to have our windows open that day
    and night. At about 12:00 A.M., my house smelled heavily like skunks in every room for
    the next 5 hours. And these neighbors were smoking in the basement with no windows open
    and the door was shut and locked. That's how far it's capable of traveling.

6. In a 73.4 degree fahrenheit space with absolutely no wind the smell of marijuana travels at exactly 7.365 mph, or 11.852818560000001 kph. At 15-20 feet the smell slows it's speed at exactly 27.33457679% and for every 9.1 feet after that it slows by 4.837%. For every 1mph of wind, the smell goes 1.42mph faster, and slows according the the percentages. Temperature also plays a key role, and for every 1 more degree fahrenheit, the smell goes .2mph faster. Again, you have to add the percentages to the math.

Man, just smoke your weed and chill out. :rolleyes: :smoking:

7. lol one day me and my friends were burning in my boys garage. all the doors were closed and his mom literally just walked down the block to get her car (since the garage is his room she parks it there) we sparked the blunt and literally like a minute later she comes back ands like. you guys need to spray something or leave cause i can smell that shit from down the block. we all proceeded to laugh and say damnn. your mom just said we had that DANK lmfao

8. A couple of years ago me and the girl and some friends were in a hot tub in a private subdivision. We started smelling a real strong skunky strain that made our mouths water. We got out and started to track down the smell. It was over a block away. It was coming from a house that had all the doors and window shut. We ended buying a bag off them and went back to hot tub.

That was some good shit.

9. distance= rate x time

that's about all i came up with

10. To New Jersey.

All smoke travels to New Jersey; evidentally.

11. I've got the same problem, I smoke on my back patio, surrounded by suburban households, and just know the infamous stench pollutes my neighbors abode,
    then again <<<paranoia>>>, is one side effects of cannabis use, I've thought of using a garden shed with one of those DIY extract fans/carbon filters to extract the fumes, as mentioned on this very site, or as now adjust my smoking position to account for wind direction.
    I have considered doing a test, burn plastic or strip of rubber, to test the location with reference to wind speed and direction.

A humerous post but you only need to get busted once, then they never leave you alone.

"V"

12. It depends on a few things, but overall, usually pretty damn far.

One major factor lies within the quality of the herb your smoking.
    If your smoking seedy mexibrick, It may make the air smell bad, but not always like weed.
    Some ditch that I've had the unfortunate instance of burning didn't honestly smell like herb when I left and came back to where we smoked. If you gut skunky, stanky ass headies, it travels and permeates very far. Be extra cautious trying to accomplish this on the stealth.